7 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:56 AM

I have been looking for a bow sling for awhile. I have seen them where they slide over the cams on both ends. Now, I cant seem to find them. A guy at work gave me one though and I like it, it seems to hold the bow just fine and doesn't seem like the bow can fall out but, I'm not sure. so, I was looking on line to see if I could find them to read the comments so I can figure out the strength and weakness of this sling. Like I said earlier now, I cant locate them on the net lol So, Im asking anyone who may have these type on whether or not they are pretty secure in holding the bow. the bow sling slips over both ends of the bow and all you have to do is remove one end and the other end comes off easy too. Then, your ready to shoot. Any Ideas on how good these are thx robert
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#2 sagedog

sagedog

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:53 AM

I looked into getting one of those. Everyone I talked to that had one or used one said good things about them. I'm still planning on getting one, just hasn't quite moved to the top of my need-to-purchase list. Another good thig si that they will protect your bow string while hiking and stalking. Mine's starting to get fuzzy, so I will probably be getting one soon, definately before next fall.
Press Alt+F4, it's AWESOME!

#3 Cut Throat

Cut Throat

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:32 PM

Go to basspro.com and search "bow sling" it's the first item.Got one myself and it works good.
Call me "Headshot".

#4 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

I haven't used a sling but use a belt hook and really like it. It is a hook that goes on your belt and holds the bow by the handle. For hiking in far I use attach the boe to my badlands pack. If your string is getting fuzzy you probably aren't waxing it enough. You should wax your string every time you shoot your bow.

#5 Soreloser

Soreloser

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Anything Archery and of course my 22-250 vs. coyotes..

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:12 PM

You should wax your string every time you shoot your bow.

I spent quite a bit of time shooting the 3d tourney scene and hunting with a bow from the time I was 13.I wax my string MAYBE 2 or 3 times a year and have never had a problem. I also change my string at least once a year. What's important is to make sure you MELT the wax into the strands or use the liquid type of wax that gets into the strands easier.For hunting purposes, the Primos Bow Sling has been a welcome addition for the last couple of years.https://shop.primos....-bow-sling.aspx
Tim LewisFoxPro Prostaff

#6 BowhunterGonzo

BowhunterGonzo

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hunting is all new to me but it has over come fishing. with my bow i can do it all. but now that i got my air rifle, that i will only use for birds, (my arrows ruined to much meat.) i can now embark on a new found interest. HUNTING and the outdoors. besides that i just play videos games and hang out with friends. Spend time at the local watering holes.

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:38 AM

I like slings only when I'm packing in for a few days! Its a great way to carry your bow! But I have found something better a back pack with a spot for your bow! Once I set up camp I never use a sling again till I pack out. I like having my bow in my hand with an arrow knocked not on my back. Think of all the shots you could miss out on

#7 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:00 AM

Yeah...I agree. I wanna be ready to fire off an arrow quickly once out in the field. That said, I found a pack with a quick draw option for both a rifle and bow for those rare trips where I have a long walk ahead of me. Slings are okay for a little while but not for extended hunting trips IMHO.

Attached Files

#8 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:38 AM

Those are expensive, the one that was given to me actually works quite well. The bow doesnt seem like it will come off unexpectedly and the straps come off easy enough. I hike last week about 4 miles through the snow with it and it was sure nicer to do have a sling then not too. I kept one had on the bow and it came off quick when needed. the only thing is I didnt see any deer tracks. I had the place to myself and it was fresh snow so i was the one doing the trail blazing so the sling made it out to be a better day for sure.
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users