• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 autocrosser78

autocrosser78

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, and everything gun related.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:25 AM

We'd love to see some groups from your rifle. :popcorn:

#32 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:37 AM

Is Spike a good brand for Ar's? I just seen one in a magazine and it look pretty cool
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#33 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:53 AM

YepPosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#34 autocrosser78

autocrosser78

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, and everything gun related.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:41 AM

does the fake can add very much weight? Looks Super Bad A@*!

#35 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:07 AM

No not really.

#36 bwiese

bwiese

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

Exclusively-22LR-barreled uppers will be more accurate than using a regular AR upper with standard223/5.56 bbl and a conversion kit (bolt assy + magazine). IIRC, there's ~0.001" excess 'slop' in a ..223 barrel vs. a 22LR bbl.I do hear very good things about the Spike's 22 system.A fast few notes on relevant legal issues:1.) using 22LR uppers on 'listed' lowers does NOT remove AW status.2.) 22LR AR RIFLES can have all evil features (excluding grenade launcher) due to RIMFIRE (exempt), not CENTERFIRE, status.3.) use of 22LR uppers + all evil features on off-list lowers is fine, regardless of whatever caliber marked on lowers.4.) 22LR AR PISTOLS MUST use a BulletButton-style maglock to avoid AW status: no rimfire exemption for pistol-based AWs!!5.) 22LR AR semiautos can be min. 26" long -- not the usual California 30" min. for semiauto *centerfire* rifles.6.) That 26" min. overall length for 22LR ARs must be measured with stock closed/folded/collapsed due to Rooney deciscion, and differs from Fed standard.Bill WieseSan Jose CA

#37 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

Yep, the Spike's is a great gun!! I am very happy with it! Just got mine completed as I needed to add a few things like the fake can, the dark earth rail covers, laser and the 10 round mag that looks like a 30.. I have only shot it once to dial it all in and I forgot to take my camera /phone with me to take pic's of the groups.. I will get them next time!! It will shoot Federal Bulk ammo in a dime size hole @ 50 yards.. Next time I will go to 75 yards and take pics..Attached File  1.jpg   24.06KB   18 downloads

#38 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:08 PM

:lol: Rick, that baby screams! Your rifle turned out sweet. Looks just like my AR I set up for both 5.45x39 and 5.56. I really like the dark earth color on AR's. Spikes do prefer the Federal bulk ammo. I have tried CCI Mini Mags and they run almost as good but not quite. Thinking of doing a forest green one in the future. :lol: Bob

#39 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:50 AM

Thanks Bronco, I could not have done it without your help! I like the dark earth look as well.. I just ordered all the hardware to make one of my 223 AR's match this gun.. It's funny you mentioned the green, I was just thinking of making yet another one of my AR's OD Green.. There is so much you can do with this AR platform rifle! Thanks again for all of your help! I love this gun!!!

#40 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hey Bud, no problem at all. One of these days I'm going to get to the southland and we'll take our rifles out for a little lead tossing. I mentioned that your rifle looked one of mine so I decided to post a pic of it even though it is not a 22lr. The upper on the lower in the picture is my 5.56 set up, the upper above the rifle is my 5.45x39 set up which has the Magpul MOE forward grip in dark earth. I switched things around a little just to have some fun. The 5.56 upper has the rail set up with Magpul BUIS front and rear sights in dark earth along with a Magpul Angled Forward Grip in dark earth as well a P-Mag 10-20 mag in dark earth. Front rail has Magpul rail ladders in dark earth also. Posted Image

#41 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:54 AM

Those are some sweet looking rifles!!! How do you like that Forward grip?? I'm looking at different options for my 5.56 and I saw that one but I have not seen on on a gun yet. Anytime you are down my way let me know.. We can go to the AZ house for the weekend and have a BLAST.. I just ordered the Magpul BUIS front and rear sights in dark earth from Rifle Gear (good price) but they are on back order. They will go on my 5.56.. I'm in the middle of a 6.5 Grendal build as well.. I really love the rifles! Sky's the limit with them!

#42 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

The AFG is really nice I like it way more then a vertical grip. Thanks for the offer, you just never know. I besure to send a PM if I do. I ordered mine from Midway as they were in stock there. I did check out Riflegear before deciding to go with Midway, much rather supprt Dave and Eiko when I can. They run a top notch operation. Building a 6.5 Grendal how cool, maybe some day I'll venture out to something like that.

#43 du9207

du9207

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

One of my favorite builds, Bob.

yes, that's one of my favorite .22lr ARs that i've seen onlinei'm waiting for Bob to hate that rifle so he can give it to me :signgreatreport3kg: :drool:
Live Free or Die Hardxicanonaztlanca

#44 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:23 AM

Danny, now that is pretty funny....... Oh something is in the works for my Spikes. If you like it now, I can guarantee you will think it will be "SICK" and very, very evil looking when you see it again. :signgreatreport3kg:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users