4 replies to this topic

#1 gbp

gbp

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

For those that don't reload you might check into hornady's new line of ammo. they claim 100-200fps over all other factory ammo across the board. ES seems to be low also. I saw this over at 6mmbr.com and thought i'd pass it alonghttp://www.hornady.c...ormance-NewAmmo
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#2 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

Sounds cool. I'd like to see those new propellants made available for reloaders.
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#3 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

They are usually a combination of propellants and not a single powder to achieve things like this.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#4 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:54 PM

I pulled apart some of Hornady's Light Mag loads. Wasn't really a powder inside, it was a solid cake of something. I don't know how they got it in there, maybe it is a paste or something that then dries.Either way, I don't think it is something that hornady is going to sell in any other form than loaded ammo, which of course has a better markup.
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#5 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:22 AM

They are usually a combination of propellants and not a single powder to achieve things like this.Darren

Starts to sound like going back to duplex or triplex loads. But, we know they wouldn't do that.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users