4 replies to this topic

#1 gbp

gbp

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

For those that don't reload you might check into hornady's new line of ammo. they claim 100-200fps over all other factory ammo across the board. ES seems to be low also. I saw this over at 6mmbr.com and thought i'd pass it alonghttp://www.hornady.c...ormance-NewAmmo

#2 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

Sounds cool. I'd like to see those new propellants made available for reloaders.

#3 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

They are usually a combination of propellants and not a single powder to achieve things like this.Darren

#4 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:54 PM

I pulled apart some of Hornady's Light Mag loads. Wasn't really a powder inside, it was a solid cake of something. I don't know how they got it in there, maybe it is a paste or something that then dries.Either way, I don't think it is something that hornady is going to sell in any other form than loaded ammo, which of course has a better markup.

#5 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:22 AM

They are usually a combination of propellants and not a single powder to achieve things like this.Darren

Starts to sound like going back to duplex or triplex loads. But, we know they wouldn't do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users