5 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:52 PM

Anyone gone thru all the options for an aftermarket iPod player for the car/truck? What did ya find out. Some of the bluetooth options seem to lack quality sound.

#2 Jerry

Jerry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:51 AM

There are a few that run into an input like a USB or something into the back of the head unit. I dont know what company they are, but they do sound great with the hard connection instead of broadcasting their own signal. Plus they keep it charged. I have a cheapo Music Gear one my ex girlfriend gave me with a remote that actually works pretty well. Ill see if I can find a model number.
Keeping Illinois varmints in check as best I can!

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,384 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

Is that why she's your ex-girlfriend Jerry. :signs121fj:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:30 PM

I have an fm transmitter one and it works great been using it for 3 years not I plug it into a power port in my armrest and tune my stereo to a station not being used and it plays through the car stereo just fine.Plus its out of sight in the armrest

#5 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:18 PM

I have a sterio with Ipod ports in 3 of my vehicles and they all have different ports. 1 is a usb port that allows the ipod to charge and the sterio to control the function of the Ipod. Another utilizes the input ports in the back of the sterio via A/V cables and the AUX function of the sterio but you can't charge or control the Ipod using this method. The third uses an AUX port on the front of the sterio and is basically the same as the input ports. All three sterios are Sony XPLOD models and are awsome in every respect. Hope this helps BC Ron

#6 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:38 PM

I'm leaning towards the USB w/ the port in the front. I like that it charges the unit while playing it.Got the new system installed today, what a nice enhancement for those long drives. Went with the front load USB. Ready for my drive to UT now.Thanks guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users