#1 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

After a lot of thought and research, I about to put my money down for a Tikka T3 Lite in .243. I will primarily hunt coyotes with it but chose .243 to have some options for larger game later on. I don't reload so I would like to hear what factory ammo others have used with the same rifle with good results. Thanks.Ken
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#2 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:44 PM

well i use hand loads but,BgBambo shoots the hornady 75 gr. hp's and shoots a 1 hole group with 5 shots at 100y. nope not makin it up i watched him do it.those same factory rounds wouldnt do that in mine,mine didnt like the factory stuff it really likes the hornady 75 gr. vmax loaded with 44.5 grs, of H414 for a group of .31" @ 100yds.now then the hole set up is an EGW Pikatanny rail with Warne rings and a Bushnell Elite 6500 that is how Stan's Tikka is set up and with the exception of the 6500 my Tikka is set up the same.my Tikka has an Elite 3200.the Tikka factory rings are garbage and that is why the rail was installed it also gives more options of what can be used on the rifle.it also make a stronger shooting platform especially with the Warne rings.the factory rings look flimsy and have a potential to move around.
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

#3 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:40 PM

Thanks, Rabbid! Not only did you tell me what to feed my new Tikka... you suggesting how to dress it as well.Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with the rings I saw coming from the factory. I will look into the set up you describe.I'm pretty excited. I've heard only good things about this rifle.Thanks.Ken
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:59 AM

what ever you like just find a brand that patterns the best.

#5 nitis

nitis

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:27 AM

I suggest some good old blue box federals I think they have an 80 gr softpoint best part is they are only about 15 bucks a box.Dont get carried away with scope mounts just yet sounds like you are new to the sport I doubt you will be shooting the 1000yard gong anytime soonGood luck with your gun even though its a tikka

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users