17 replies to this topic

#1 jmscottza

jmscottza

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

I have been shooting this gun for a while, everything has been fine, the bolt was kinda tight but still close and shoots fine. and i havn't touch it for about 3 - 4 weeksi went to the range today and try to shoot, the bolt just doesn't want to close.i can push it all the way in, but it won't pull down. i have to hammer it with my hand to close it.ammo is silverbear sp, brownbear fmj and wolf fmj.the silverbear is easier.but the question is i have been shoot it with thoes ammos for manytimes it never has any problem. but .....any one has the same issue? any suggestion?oh the pic is a empty case that had fired from it, as you can see a very deep scrache at the end.Attached File  1.jpg   13.9KB   25 downloads

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:29 AM

Is it just as bad with an empty chamber?

#3 jmscottza

jmscottza

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:18 AM

with an empty chamber i can close the bolt easy, but it does feel like a little tight when i start the pull the bolt down.

#4 bigunn0_0

bigunn0_0

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:29 AM

Try some different ammo that ammo has lacquar on it and when it gets hot sort of makes it a mess.

#5 milkman

milkman

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Unofficial U.S.Coast Guard motto"You got to go out but you dont have to come back!!"

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:11 AM

take it to the gunsmith..is your gun under warrenty??

#6 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:22 AM

I'm thinking you have fired enough Wolf ammo through the gun that you have built up a layer of gunk in the chamber from the coating on the wolf ammo causing your cartridge to not seat all the way in. This happened with me when I had a Kel-Tec and would shoot lots of Wolf ammo. I fixed it by putting a chamber brush on it on a cleaning rod and spinning it with a drill motor. Just put some cleaning solution on it then wipe it out, then repeat several times. See if that works.

#7 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:43 AM

Red Dog is correct. I have seen it in com block mil surplus rifles. The drill and chamber brush with solvent and brake clean on stubborn ones works. Be sure to claen the bolt face.

#8 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:12 AM

If it's hard to close on an empty chamber, the rear-most screw in the front scope mount may be too long, or the front stock bolt may be too long. The factory sometimes uses washers to bring the floorplate flush with the stock, these can fall out if the stock has been removed.With ammo, ditto on cleaning the chamber. Also check the bolt face. Make sure it is clean, push in on the ejector to see that it is moving freely. From your photo, it looks like the extractor may be protruding slightly. The case should slide smoothly down the extractor, if it is protruding, the case stubs on the square portion of the extractor.

#9 jmscottza

jmscottza

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

take it to the gunsmith..is your gun under warrenty??

yea i gun is still under warrenty. yea I am going to call them this monday

#10 jmscottza

jmscottza

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:50 PM

If it's hard to close on an empty chamber, the rear-most screw in the front scope mount may be too long, or the front stock bolt may be too long. The factory sometimes uses washers to bring the floorplate flush with the stock, these can fall out if the stock has been removed.With ammo, ditto on cleaning the chamber. Also check the bolt face. Make sure it is clean, push in on the ejector to see that it is moving freely. From your photo, it looks like the extractor may be protruding slightly. The case should slide smoothly down the extractor, if it is protruding, the case stubs on the square portion of the extractor.

this sounds something like it, i just recently did an deep clearning the stock was removed and reinstalled. i will make sure i check this one tonight. thank you for this very helpful advise

#11 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

Keep us posted on the results :good:

#12 jmscottza

jmscottza

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:04 AM

thank you for all the advises, i finally fix it. now it load and eject like a new rifle.i tryied cleaning the chamber, re-tighter the stock screws but still doesn't work.the problem is from the bolt.I found the empty ammo case that i had long time ago and i dont find that scarch like the one i have now.so i searched the bolt; it looks clean but when i took it a part guess what i found.it is on the picturedon't know what that (clip like) part is call but the julk behide it is just as thick as that piece of metal. so it doesn't give enough space for the metal clip to pull back so it can allow the ammo to be inserted.and the julk is 99% made out of the red stuff that is on the ammo cap. don't know if any of the expensive ammos have it but so far silver bear, brown bear and wolf has tons of them over laying on the cap. hope this will help guys that have same problem like i did.any question feel free to contact me.Attached File  1.jpg   18.04KB   26 downloads

#13 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:48 AM

Isn't it nice when it works out like that. Give yourself a pat on the back.

#14 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:31 AM

That "clip" is the extractor. And the gunk you describe is what that crappy Russian steel cased ammo is most famous for.

#15 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:07 AM

:carnage:

#16 jmscottza

jmscottza

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

That "clip" is the extractor. And the gunk you describe is what that crappy Russian steel cased ammo is most famous for.

i hear lots about about how dirty the russian ammos before. i though it is fine, just have to clear the rifle which i have everytime after shooting. now i finally what you guys talking about, but i guess i will still stick with them since it is affortable, just have to clear it deeper. and yea i feel very happy, feel like i have accomplished something.

#17 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,685 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:38 PM

Glad it worked out, <_<
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#18 OldBlue70

OldBlue70

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:54 PM

took mine out for the first time today. The bolt is tight but not bad. I love it, and I had no problems at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users