• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,706 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

Here is a sampling of our home grown potatoes and yes they are purple. The yellow ones are our Yukon Golds. Nothing like homegrown potatoes fried with some of our home grown Stockton Red onions with hamburger. Yum!Here they are getting ready for the skillet.Attached File  potato1.jpg   50.4KB   61 downloadsFrying away. :horse apples: Attached File  potato2.jpg   56.68KB   51 downloads

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,728 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

Man, there isn't anything much better than fried potatoes and onions. And if they are Yukon Gold, my favoriate, then even better. YUM!
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:56 PM

That looks so good!

#4 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

Yummy. I love fried potatoes for breakfast. Dice them and then fried till the outside is crunchy brown. As much as I like the specialty spuds (yellows, reds, purples etc) I still like a good russet for fried spuds.John, if you ever get a chance check out the new variety called Gem Star. A few guys grew some commercially this year here. A very tasty russet. Has a nice fluffy white meat that stays fluffy and tender when fried, but the outside crisps well. Also great baked. Did I mention I like potatoes? ;)Besides, the potato market needs a boost, prices are very dismal right now. Prices are around 1/2 the cost of production. Ouch...
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,706 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

I looked up those GemStars and I think I can get some. Our russets did real well but I may have to toss some because we had so many. I made a new potato spade for the tractor so I saved a couple of rows to try it on.

Time waits for no one--

#6 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:24 AM

May have to toss some?? Hello I bet someone might could take your extra off your hands :drool: Now if you dice up some bell peppers that would be an awesome meal you got going in that skillet :)
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#7 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:15 AM

That looks real good and I do not like onions , but in potatoes thier ok. Thats real red neck food.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,706 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:32 AM

I'm a real redneck country boy so the shoe fits. :lol:

Time waits for no one--

#9 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

purple that is way-cool..