#1 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

I had a Chronny for a long time . It provided me with much DATA along with many error readings . Any ways its no more. Time for a replacement. What are you all using ?

#2 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

I've been using the same Pact since the early 1980's (I still have the original skyscreens, which may be a world's record the way that other people talk about shooting theirs)If I replace it, it will probably be with a CED
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#3 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:17 PM

I used Pact Professional Chronograph. I already replaced two of the screen guide. One when the wind knocked it over and another when a shooting buddy ripped one apart with his 7MM STW. Last week though the nine volt battery terminal broke. Other than that, it works just fine.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#4 bruce_ventura

bruce_ventura

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Camping, hunting, shooting, optics, scuba, boating.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:28 AM

I have a Prochrono Digital that has failed twice. The first time it went dead and was repaired under warrantee. The last time it just stopped updating the velocity. I stopped using it and haven't tried to debug the problem. Now I'm using a CED Mellinium, which I like a lot. Long cord, big display. I've set it up at 100 yds to measure downrange velocity and I can read the display just fine with a binocular. No failures yet. For both chronos, I found that they stop working once the sun sets and the sky screen is not longer directly illuminated. Also, they are more reliable if I shoot close to the optical sensors, as opposed to near the sky screens.
___________NRA Member

#5 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:50 PM

Oehler 33 Works very well for me and has for years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users