#1 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

I had a Chronny for a long time . It provided me with much DATA along with many error readings . Any ways its no more. Time for a replacement. What are you all using ?

#2 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

I've been using the same Pact since the early 1980's (I still have the original skyscreens, which may be a world's record the way that other people talk about shooting theirs)If I replace it, it will probably be with a CED

#3 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:17 PM

I used Pact Professional Chronograph. I already replaced two of the screen guide. One when the wind knocked it over and another when a shooting buddy ripped one apart with his 7MM STW. Last week though the nine volt battery terminal broke. Other than that, it works just fine.

#4 bruce_ventura

bruce_ventura

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Camping, hunting, shooting, optics, scuba, boating.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:28 AM

I have a Prochrono Digital that has failed twice. The first time it went dead and was repaired under warrantee. The last time it just stopped updating the velocity. I stopped using it and haven't tried to debug the problem. Now I'm using a CED Mellinium, which I like a lot. Long cord, big display. I've set it up at 100 yds to measure downrange velocity and I can read the display just fine with a binocular. No failures yet. For both chronos, I found that they stop working once the sun sets and the sky screen is not longer directly illuminated. Also, they are more reliable if I shoot close to the optical sensors, as opposed to near the sky screens.

#5 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:50 PM

Oehler 33 Works very well for me and has for years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users