• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:02 PM

Cabells has bulk packs in stock and cheap. 4 x 525 rd packs 2100 rds for $84.99 Got mine on order! Buy 2 and get free shipping.Federal Bulk .22 Long Rifle Ammunition Item:IK-216951 $84.99 Posted Image http://www.cabelas.c...15216951a.shtml

#2 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:14 PM

I don't shoot .22 but is that a good price? .16 per round seems like a heck of a lot of money especially when I reload .223 for basically that price. If that's a good price for .22 these days, it makes me that much happier that I reload.

#3 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

Ah your math is a lille fuzy there Red Dog. 2100 rd for $84.99 = $0.04 per round.

#4 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

These are 15.97 at walmart so 4x 15.97 = 63.88

#5 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:57 PM

lol, homemade, that's if you get up enough early and are persistant. I talked to the people at my local walmart and they said that ammo shoppers wait at 6 am in the parking lot to see if anyone from sporting goods is walking in. When they do they run to the counter and ask the counter people to check stock. If there is any they buy it all right there.I've kinda of given up on walmart.

#6 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

I remeber when you could get them for $10 bucks a box.

#7 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

lol, homemade, that's if you get up enough early and are persistant. I talked to the people at my local walmart and they said that ammo shoppers wait at 6 am in the parking lot to see if anyone from sporting goods is walking in. When they do they run to the counter and ask the counter people to check stock. If there is any they buy it all right there.I've kinda of given up on walmart.

+1 Tony...I haven't seen 22lr at Wally world since the fit hit the shan. You're right...this is a GREAT DEAL!!! Thanks for posting

#8 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

I haven't seen any Federal at my local Wallyworld since before the summer. Midway will only sell one box to you every 48 hours so they double dip you with shipping. This deal by Cabellas is fricken great. Buy two cases (8 boxes) and the shipping is FREE. That works out to to under $22.00 a box delivered. Face it guys it's a whole new world now a days.

#9 Moonclip

Moonclip

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:15 PM

I remeber when you could get them for $10 bucks a box.

I remember when people weren't stalking Walmarts to rape their fellow shooters by charging almost 2x more for the bricks they buy at 6am. I actually remember when these type bricks were less than $10 at Walmart in like 2001-2002 time frame pre tax.

#10 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

Well mine has had 5 or 6 boxes eah of the federal and winchester so I get one once in a while.

#11 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:27 PM

Madera huh, I'll have to stop in and check it out the next time I'm on my way to Clovis

#12 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for the hook up! My order is in!

#13 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:25 PM

The trick for getting ammo at Walmart is to go at night before closing, (Or later if it is a 24 hour Walmart) after they start unloading the pallets. The people are helpful and will check the order to see if its there and will usually go pull it. I used to be the guy that would start calling in the morning and by the time I got there the ammo I was looking for was sold out. Since the Dept Mgr mentioned this to me, I have no problems. Especially for the hard to get 9mm bulk packs.

#14 Jeff213

Jeff213

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

What about all those signs that say we do not sell pistol or rifle ammo between 10 pm and 7 am?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users