4 replies to this topic

#1 WALNUTFARMER

WALNUTFARMER

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

Hey guys I found out about an over the counter archery deer hunt in Arizona. The season is in January and was just wondering if anyone has hunted this hunt or has any info about anything Arizona. I don't know anything as of this point except Im leaving the first of the year. Any info is appreciated.

#2 CRITTRGITTR

CRITTRGITTR

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, upland, deer, and last but not least predator hunting. Bass fishin, trout fishin, even a little fly fishin once in a while. Anything outdoors. I also do taxidermy has been a hobby of mine since i was 12 years old

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

I've never been but I have some friends that go every year for javelina and deer. If you get Eastmans Bow Hunting Journal, they had a great write up about it in their MRS section. Talks about the most successful units for coues deer and the desert mulies. And as I understand the January hunt is also right smack in the middle of the rut in most of the areas. My friend that goes killed a really nice 4x4 muley with nice 4 inch kickers off his G2's last year. My dad and I were planning on going, but time off and money looks like it is gonna be an issue for this year unfortunately. If we go next year we will be able to put in for javelina tags as well. Another cool thing about that tag is if you are not successful this January, and you decide to hunt the following January your 2010 tag will still be good for the last 2 weeks of December. Thats what my friend does when him or his wife are not successful they just leave a week early. Bryan

#3 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

I have been a few times! Great hunting, lot's of BIG bucks.. I missed one of the biggest bucks I have ever seen (dang up hill shots) but I got this guy @ 70 yards. Where I go, out towards the Globe area, is great hunting. Great glassing and enough cover to get a stalk going.. The blood tracking of game is pretty easy as well. Attached File  1.jpg   34.41KB   6 downloads

#4 yotekiller85

yotekiller85

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Fishing and spending time with my Family.

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:23 AM

How much does it cost? For tags and license.

#5 BOWUNTR

BOWUNTR

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:04 AM

Non resident hunting license is $151.25 and non resident deer tag is 225.25 = $376.50. I hunt Az every January. I wouldn't miss it. Ed F

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users