8 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

John, if this is better suited for the handgun section, please move it._________________________________________________________________My uncle owns this gun and wants to sell it. Trying to find ballpark price.S&W Model 29..."The Attack" number 107 of 500.It is a .44 magnum, blued with ~8" barrel. 90-95%, with no original packaging that I can find.What I can find...This gun was part of a 12 gun series put out by S&W in about 2000, by subscription only. "The Attack" was the October gun. Only 500 of each were sold.I've only found this gun as part of the whole series of 12 guns which goes for between $6,999 and $9,500. I cannot find one being sold on its own.I also cannot find the regular model version of this (i.e Model 29). There's about 20 different configs for the Model 29 and none look like this gun. I am wondering if this gun was ONLY made for the series.Anyway, if anyone knows their S&W's please help, or if you can point me somewhere that knows, that would be awesome too. I've checked auction sites already to no avail.Thanks.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

You may want to go to the Smith and Wesson Forum. http://smithandwessonforums.com/

#3 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

Through all of my internet searching, that never came up. Thanks, Lynn...I should've known it existed.

#4 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:07 PM

I looked at the Smith forum earlier, general thought is that there is no additional value except as a set.

#5 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:16 AM

I looked at the Smith forum earlier, general thought is that there is no additional value except as a set.

Well thanks, you may have saved me a sign up on yet another forum.So, it seems as though this thing is worth somewhere in the $600-700 range.You guys should see it for sale soon.

#6 Gunorea

Gunorea

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:56 AM

If this model came with the nice S&W wood grips on it and they are still on it your uncle should have no problem getting $575-$625 for it. He might get more for it but it may take a little bit longer to find the right buyer for it.

#7 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:00 AM

Yes, it has the nice wood grips. The gun is in great shape.

#8 jdogg

jdogg

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

on this site they are going for$850 to $1125.http://www.collector...amp;subcatID=50

#9 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:16 AM

Thanks guys, looks like I've got more searching to do.EDIT: jdogg, those model 29's listed are all Nickel guns and not the special model from the series. But it helps as a comparison. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users