#1 old243

old243

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:hunting fishing

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:55 PM

Ok guys, lets see if anyone can help me.I have a one year old american sportworks formaly know as Manco quad. I was ridding on my property and it started runing funny.So I stopped and reved it up in neutral.It sounded like the carb was loading up.So I put it in gear and it would not move.It was still running but it would not go forward or revers.Then it died.I tryed to get service on the warenty.because it isnt a year yet.But all of the places listed, wont work on it. I have check the fuel selector,fuel filter,and lines to the carb.there is fuel geting there.whats next. does anyone know what to check next.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,655 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

Is it NEW fuel, clean fuel and is it the right fuel? Only reason I ask is I accidentally put some diesel in one of my motors and it acted very similar to yours. I forgot I used one of my gas cans for diesel. Fuel goes bad pretty fast and if your plugs are iffy even more so. Could the fuel have water in it? You need to drain the system and clean the plugs.Here is a list of the service centers in AZ.http://www.bristers....m...es&search=1

#3 DAVEF

DAVEF

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:ATV'S, Exploring, Camping, Fishing, Hunting

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

the next step in trouble shooting your quad is to see if it has spark, at the plug. Remove the spark plug from the head place the plug back into the plug cap, put/hold the metal portion of the plug against the metal portion of your engine, turn your ignition on and act like you want to start the atv. you should see a spark at the plug gap, if no spark try a new plug. a word of caution keep you hans clear of the plug while you are turning it over, you can get a nice shock off that plug..................first things to do check for gas and check for spark.SEE YA DAVE

#4 old243

old243

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

I have no spark.I have power all the way up to the ignition coil.Is that the last thing before the sparkplug.And if so what are the chances that would be bad. Conncidering the age of the unit.

#5 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

OOpppps!!! should have bought a yamaha :doh[1]:

#6 DAVEF

DAVEF

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:ATV'S, Exploring, Camping, Fishing, Hunting

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

I have no spark.I have power all the way up to the ignition coil.Is that the last thing before the sparkplug.And if so what are the chances that would be bad. Conncidering the age of the unit.

I am not sure without seeing the wireing diagram........I am going to ask a dumb question........most quads will turn over but will not start unless the other switch(kill switch) on the handelbars is in the on position. is that switch in the on position??DAVEF

#7 old243

old243

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

yes its in the on pos.

#8 donkey12

donkey12

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:48 PM

Air,fuel,spark

#9 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

Try to disconnect the kill switch on the handle bars then try to see if it has spark to rule that out... Switchs go bad quite frequently on quads...

#10 Guest_dan223_*

Guest_dan223_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

Hey Old 243, It could be a jetting problem bud............... Since it was jetted in China or Japan where it was made you might do an old fashioned amercian jet to the carb............... I suggest you use a 243 Round out of your favorite rifle at about 150 yards :smiley_green_with_envy: Sorry Dude, thats kinda mean I know. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: I hope you get it fixed soon, sucks to only get 40 miles out of something you spent hard earned money on.

#11 45Colt

45Colt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

Let's see,power up to the ignition ciol,but no spark.Get your multimeter out,put the meter in resistance.If you get no resistance,no spark.Coil is bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users