4 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:49 PM

What rifle rests do you folks use to test your loads? I've got a MTM plastic one that I use with a bag. It isn't great, but it works well for what I paid for it.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:00 PM

My favorite rest is the Caldwell Rock BR Competition front shooting rest. Here's a picture of my Savage .17HMR sitting on it.Posted ImageIt very adjustable to really dial in your gun. There's no forcing to get the scope lined up just perfectly every time. Just turn a knob and the cross hairs slide into place. I have other rifle and pistol rests but for really finding out what a gun or load can do I pull this rest out.Here's another of my assortment of rests.Posted Image

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:05 PM

It takes you an hour to load your stuff into the truck on those days you go to the range!! :) Those Caldwell's are NICE. I just dont use one often enough to justify their expense. Maybe if I didn't have to drive an hour to get to a gun range ....

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:23 PM

How about one of these and Caldwell sells a new one like this Browning I have.Posted ImageI got the Browning for free but it is a great rest that really holds your gun and it great as a field rest for shooting ground rats. ;)Here's the rest I was speaking of from Caldwell called a Tack Driver.http://www.midwayusa...leitemid=264776Other companies like BullsBag for one is a great rest but more money.

#5 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:43 PM

I gave that Caldwell rest to my father-in-law for Christmas but I haven't had a chance to borrow it from him, yet. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users