• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:59 PM

Finally got to check out the Browning Maxus in both 26 and 28 inch barrel lengths. I liked the 26 inch gun and a clamper buddy works at the store knocked the price down a bit so I signed the paperwork. :roflmao3[1]: I get to pick up my Duck Blind camoed baby next friday.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 link

link

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Traditional Hot Rods & Customs, Photography, Fishing and of course Hunting!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:39 PM

Congrats!!

#3 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:02 PM

Hey, Matt, good for you. Duck blind camo should work for crows too.

#4 JagerBulldog

JagerBulldog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

Very nice gun.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -General George S. Patton Jr.

#5 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:39 PM

Glad you found the one you liked. I haven't seen one yet but I'm going to stop at the end of the lane and harass you next time I see your truck there. grin Would you mind if I just sat there and honked my horn for a while????? :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:24 PM

Wat to go . We are going to see a picture of it when its out of jail.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#7 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:51 PM

... Would you mind if I just sat there and honked my horn for a while????? :harhar1[1]:

:smiley_green_with_envy: Sure, why should you be any different. Seems like most of the guys from your club like to sit there and shoot the breeze or beat on that gate with a big crescent wrench for ten minutes before they go thru it anyway. :smiley_green_with_envy: The Outdoor Sportsman in Stockton said they had a few camo Maxus' you could check out if you were so inclined to make the drive. Barnwood still has one 28 incher on their shelf but their price is pretty stiff.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#8 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

Have you got the shotgun yet? post a pic of it when you do.

#9 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:50 AM

:yikes[1]: Sure, why should you be any different. Seems like most of the guys from your club like to sit there and shoot the breeze or beat on that gate with a big crescent wrench for ten minutes before they go thru it anyway. :1087: The Outdoor Sportsman in Stockton said they had a few camo Maxus' you could check out if you were so inclined to make the drive. Barnwood still has one 28 incher on their shelf but their price is pretty stiff.

Well I'll be darned. I didn't know anybody owned or knew how to use a big crescent wrench. Must be the other club. LOL I'll pass on the no BS at the gate when hunters are there. I'll tell the guy with the chopper to buzz you guys maybe he can herd some bootlips over towards ya???
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,481 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:33 AM

:yikes[1]: :1087:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#11 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:54 AM

Right on, Matt! Can't wait to hear the field use report!
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#12 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

.....I'll tell the guy with the chopper to buzz you guys maybe he can herd some bootlips over towards ya???

Better yet, have that chopper buzz the Cherokee club and San Luis resivoir to get all those birds off the water. :huh:

#13 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

Have you got the shotgun yet? post a pic of it when you do.

Here's the pic Johnny.Posted ImageI love the new gun. It is by far the easiest gas operated gun I've messed with to tear down and reassemble for a quick cleaning. I don't know what browning did but this gun doesn't get hardly any powder and gas residue in the action. My Browning Silver gets alot of unburnt powder and gas exhaust in the action but it still keeps on running. This gun hasn't needed the action cleaned since I got it. I've pulled it apart a couple times only to realize that I was just wasting my time so I threw it back together.So far I've put 48 3.5 inch steel loads, 55 3 inch steel loads, 250 2 3/4 low base lead ounce and an eighth loads, and 100 one ounce lead target loads thru it with no problems. I just run a bore snake thru the barrel to keep the chamber clean and wipe the magazine tube with an oily rag at the end of the day and it keeps on eating up any ammo with a 12 on the headstamp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users