8 replies to this topic

#1 cj1026

cj1026

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

Guys I am looking to get an electronic coyote call. I can't afford a lot but I don't want garbage either. Can anyone recommend anything good for a good price? Thanks guys.

#2 microtus

microtus

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Interests:About average for everybody else in here.

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:44 PM

http://www.varmintal...t.htm#El-Cheapo

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

Pretty hard to beat FoxPro. You get a great product and great service after the sale should you need it.

#4 Soreloser

Soreloser

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Anything Archery and of course my 22-250 vs. coyotes..

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

We've got everything from FoxPro that you need. CPC members also receive a discount on any production unit available with your choice of sounds.Send me a pm or email at tim@l-moutdoors.com for more information

#5 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

Foxpro is the best IMHO. Also, buy the best one you can afford(don't scimp on a cheaper one)otherwise you will be wanting to upgrade for the better.

#6 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

Guys I am looking to get an electronic coyote call. I can't afford a lot but I don't want garbage either. Can anyone recommend anything good for a good price? Thanks guys.

Good answers from several of the fellows. I do agree that you won't go wrong with a Foxpro unit, regardless of which priced unit you buy. From the new Spitfire to the very top of the product line, you'll get a good, dependable product with great customer service. I can only advise you what I truly believe, and that is I wouldn't buy anything less than a FX-3. It lacks some features that are really useful that are on the FX-5, but is still a very dependable ecaller with 32 sounds that are easy to access and it will flat out call in critters. The FX-5 remote is so much better than the one with the FX3 however, that it surely makes it worth the difference in price. Production will be halted, as far as I have heard, on the FX-5, but the company will still honor guarantees and will provide normal great Foxpro service on both the FX3 and the FX5. You should be able to get a really good buy on either the FX3 or the FX5 with all the new technology out on the Fury, the CS24, and the upcoming new Prairie Blaster. Pay a little more up front and cry once, never to cry again.

#7 5150Marcelo

5150Marcelo

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:46 PM

Let me know if you wanna get into a Foxpro. I may have a Scorpion package I may let go on the cheap.

#8 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

Let me know if you wanna get into a Foxpro. I may have a Scorpion package I may let go on the cheap.

Let me know what you want for it, and maybe I can help you move it. It is an awesome little caller, just right for the guy who wants to go light. First time I ever turned the one on that I was field testing, I called in 4 from over 1,000 yds away with the wind coming from them to me. I was using volume 20 on the onboard speaker into the wind, which was about blowing around 10 mph. Coyotes in Ky. can hear really well, and that scenario proves it to me. I suspect their hearing is just as good in other states, but the hunter can't hear it and thinks that means it isn't loud enough. It is all about having faith in your equipment and your knowledge of the coyote. In my opinion, that is one of the big advantages to the Foxpro units, you know how loud it is playing by the volume indicator on the LCD screen.Good hunting at ya!

#9 cj1026

cj1026

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:57 PM

Ok guys thanks for the replys. I sold some items so I just have enough to get the FoxPro FX3. I didn't want to spend that much but I'm taking your guy's word on it. :D Now I just need to find a spot to rek havik on the little guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users