• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,697 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:26 PM

Got this from a buddy that likes to restore old bows . This came from a garage sale for a fews bucks . Was falling apart . he re did the bow and to make it a stifer bow he added a strip of hickory on the back , hoping to to get it from a 40 pound bow to a 50 or so one. Well He can't pull it back but about ten inches and that was 55pounds. I put a scale on it pulled to 20 inches and it was 83 pounds :harhar1[1]: ,that was before I hurt my self. Going to take down the limbs some , shooting to make it 60-70 pounds. This stuff is as adictive as reloading and getting more guns.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageWas working on another bow ,the one I posted on before . The hickory stick ,well I killed it :signlol2iu: got in a too big a hurry. :crazy:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#2 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:51 AM

You could keep it the way it is and use it to shoot Cape Buffalo like This guy did! I think it only took him two years of practice to draw and accurately shoot it.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

Were you falling over when you snapped the pics? :pot: Nice bow I had a friend in high school that shot a 79lb long bow. He learned to shoot fast with it.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,697 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:39 AM

Thats pretty cool. My back hurts just thinking about shooting somthing like that.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

Too many pain pills :cheers: :drinks: :archer-green: :signs1180lq:
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users