45 replies to this topic

#31 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:51 PM

Sounds to me llike youre already sold...

#32 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:04 PM

The only thing I don't like about them is that darn magazine hanging down. They don't rattle too much but I kept hitting and catching it on my bag rest.

There is actually a guy that will modify the mag so it does not stick down, but of coarse you lose the number of rounds it will hold. I dont mind the mag at all.

Sounds to me llike youre already sold

Pretty much, just mowing it over until tomorrow, it is a 1:12, I wish it were 1:9But I won't be shooting anything over 55gr. anyway
Failure is not an OptionLincoln,Ca.

#33 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,011 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:40 PM

Besides, I can't afford to keep buying all your guns, Mrs. Mister is getting upset! :)

Smart ASS! :P

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#34 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,011 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:44 PM

Oh....Look who's talking! :)

Oh, I forgot! :P

Time waits for no one--

#35 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:51 PM

Hold out Sterling-no rush. Get the gun you want not the one in hand if it doesn't meet all your requirements

No one makes the one I want :) Medium contour barrel .700 at muzzle, 24" FlutedHS stockRemington actionThe only one that comes close is Cooper and that will never be in the budget :P Or I build it myself and it cost as much as a Cooper :P

#36 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,011 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:15 PM

Ah, those Coopers are CRAP just ask Iron Worker about his. :) :P Except maybe that new one they have out with the synthetic stock. The Phoenix I might get one of those :P :P .Posted Image

Time waits for no one--

#37 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:45 PM

I guess we sometimes have to compromise to get the rifle closest to what we want... So gotta just write down all the likes and dislikes of the ones your considering and go with the one that scores the best. Hey, it's the best I can come up with right now. LOLWell, after reading most of the posts it sounds like the CZ fits you best. While I LOVE CZ's, Remingtons(doh) & Savage, I am not however a fan of those clips... But it would not stop me from buying one. My closest yote partner lost one of his CZ clips while hunting & is another reason against the clips(for me).I "think" if I were buying another rifle today, it would be the Savage Low Profilier in caliber of choice. There is a LOT to be said for heavy rifles, especially ACCURACY & holding steady etc! But he, that's just me.Good luck in your decisionFrank

#38 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:18 PM

That's a nice looking rifle John!Maybe when I hit the loto I'll puy all the full members one! :)

I'm going to hold you to that :P

#39 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:21 PM

Do they make it in a left handed model, John?

#40 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,011 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:47 PM

Do they make it in a left handed model, John?

Not yet but I think soon and when they do I'll have a few of them in calibers to be named at a later date. :)

Time waits for no one--

#41 natural

natural

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting of course !!!

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:59 PM

Hylander,mabe this will help, although they used 22-250's. http://www.outdoorli...,599202,00.html I found it today on lunch. You know im lookin around as-well. I've just glanced at it but I beleve it saysout of the varmint rifles tested, the savage 12BVSS, was the best grouping and best in its class out of the box. Even with all the different ammo they used. the rifles were Remington 700 VLS, the Savage M-12BVSS-S and the Ruger M-77 Mark II Target, and a Browning A bolt. Good luck... I think im going with a savage :) In a 223!-Andy-

Hey John,How much those Savage BVSS's sale for? (.223)Just woundering, I'm looking closely in getting 1.-Andy-
Andy

#42 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:10 PM

Not yet but I think soon and when they do I'll have a few of them in calibers to be named at a later date. :)

Cool beans. That 20 Practical about completed yet?

#43 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:03 PM

Hylander, I'll play the Devil's Advocate. The CZ looks good alright. BUT, it's a 1:12 and you want a 1:9. Also, the protruding mag isn't that big a deal, but you'd rather not have it. And, CZ's are accurate rifles, but you know a Savage will likely shoot better. And the CZ is $700 out the door, but a similar model Savage will be under $500 out the door. How's that CZ trigger by the way? Is it even close to the Accutrigger? Doubt it. Sounds like you really dig the look of the CZ, and it is a very good looking rig I have to admit that. But are you willing to sacrifice performance for looks, and even pay extra for a rifle that doesn't fit all your wants? If it's just the look that you like, do an easy project rifle. How about a Savage with a 24" matte black bull barrel, then add a nice aftermarket laminate stock? There are some really nice stocks out there. Maybe even a new tactical bolt from sharpshootersupply. That would still be the same price as that CZ you like, especially if you sell the factory Savage stock to pay for the new one. If it's the look you are after, this is a solution. Some things to consider... I'll try to dig up some pics of what it would look like.

#44 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,011 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:24 PM

Hey John,How much those Savage BVSS's sale for? (.223)Just woundering, I'm looking closely in getting 1.-Andy-

Andy,I think they gone up since I got mine. In fact The .204 is about a year younger than the .223. I'd probably look on Gunbroker.com to get an idea. I got mine through a friend and I'm sure glad he talked me into them. :lol:

Time waits for no one--

#45 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:42 PM

Maybe even a new tactical bolt from sharpshootersupply.

They even have them for lefties !!!Posted Imagehttp://www.savagesho...ctoryParts.html

#46 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:02 PM

I've been eyeing one of those tactical handles. I think the big round factory knob is too slippery and shapeless, I need something to grab onto, especially when my hand is a bit sweaty or wet from that darn rain cloud that follows me around every time I get the urge to go hunting. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users