• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

Went to charge my Minaska Yesterday (I usually charge it overnight). This morning I went to get it and found neither the charger or batteries warm to the touch (usually they ARE warm). Upon inspection, the charger or batteries appear to be working. Hopefully the internals arean't shot as well. I have been communicationg with Steve at Minaska via email throughout the day. He is having me ship the caller to him so they can fix it.I have to say his responses were VERY fast and I have heard lately that there Customer service/repairs are very fast. I'm kinda bummed cause I was planning on going calling Friday. I MAY still go and just take my mouth calls, but I don't know. I've never used them other than blowing a couple horrible sounds when I first got them. lolAnyway, I'll keep you guys up to date on the service and turnaround time.

#2 donkey12

donkey12

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:01 PM

I went out a few weeks ago with a friend, and his e-caller was dead from the start of the first stand. Pulled out the hand call and went at it. Four minutes later had two dogs coming in and the closest one was at 12 feet. Shotgun...BOOM..dog down. I say get out there with the hand call.

#3 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:19 PM

The best advice ever given to me was make it sound as if you yourself were dying. You'll be fine. I can promise this though, your odds of calling one in (even if you don't think it sounds that good) are 100% better than if you stay home and don't go! Sometimes just being lucky, right spot at right time, is as effective as being good. Can't kill em from the computer screen!

#4 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

Good luck with your Minaska. I havent had any issues with my Foxpro, but from what I have heard their customer service is spot on too. Take them Hand calls out and sing to Em !

#5 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:28 PM

Meh, just found out I have to work on Friday, plus the PO was closed Yesterday. :(Hopefully I will get the Minaska back next week. If I get a chance to go out though, I'm going and taking my hand calls. :)

#6 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:45 PM

Good luck with your caller.Two words: Fox and Pro! :)

#7 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:57 AM

lol Actually this little minaska has been pretty good for what I paid. If I had it to do over, I would go with Foxpro. I could easily see myself using the 16 sound Foxpro. The Minaska has 100 sounds, but sometimes it gets confusing with too many sounds. I think like 6 sounds would suit me just fine. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users