1 reply to this topic

#1 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:20 PM

Fellows and gals, Rich Cronk never ceases to amaze me. If he's not making a sound with his mouth that is better than a lot of us make with hand calls, he is making old Possumal a custom howler that literally blows my mind. I recently contacted Rich about him making me a small Buffalo Horn Howler, along the lines of one he made for another feller here on the forum. I wanted him to tune it a certain way for me to do particular howls with. Well, the mailman brought it today, and all I can say is Yabba Dabba Doo ++++++++.If I had just had that rascal the night the burglars recently cleaned me out, and cut loose with it about the time one of the sorry rascals was putting his foot in the window they entered, I am sure he would have filled his scivvies and possibly fell in a heap in the mud outside. His accomplice would have set a world record heading out of this street. :signs1180lq: The howler is like all of Rich's custom calls in the fact that it is extremely easy to blow, but the most impressive thing is how it can be so loud while being so small. He sent me some extra reeds of a different material to try to see which worked the best for me. I called him and told him he don't have enough money to make me take the reed out of there that he put in it. Good gosh is that thing sweet. I believe I can take it and my Killer Call and do all I need to do with mouth calls. Now if I could just blow them like old Rich, hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe it is like Murray Burnham told him years ago about the lip squeak, "Practice, practice, practice".Here are some pictures with it beside some familiar items to give you an idea of just how small and compact it is. Did I mention it is beautiful? The call laying by it is a Zepp's Rattler, which is 3" long and the Hi-Liter is 5" long. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:13 AM

very nice!! and Richs Howlers have helped me put out the lights on many coyotes!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users