11 replies to this topic

#1 bretmoua

bretmoua

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:45 AM

Anyone have an extra mounting bracket for the 30-06 laying around that you would be willing to sell for a low price. I have a mid to late 80's remington 30-06 that requires the mounting bracket screw holes to be on the north and south end and not the usual east to west. Hope that makes sense LOL. I already have my scope. I can't afford the new brackets and thought I should ask here first. Let me know.

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:45 PM

are you talking about the base and rings? look on ebay if nothing comes threw here.I have been buying a lot of hunting stuff from ebay you can get some good deals on there.

#3 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:28 PM

What is the model of your Remington rifle?

#4 bretmoua

bretmoua

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:28 AM

Shoot, I was looking on ebay but couldn't find one. Maybe I just don't know how it looks like. LOL4RHUNTS this is a remington, woodsmaster model 742. I have also included a picture of how the mounting holes are on the rifle.[img][IMG]if the picture doesn't load up, try clicking or typing in this link:[url="http://img84.imageshack.us/i/dscf1074.jpg/"]http://img84.imageshack.us/i/dscf1074.jpg/

#5 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:50 AM

This should work and the price is right.http://www.gunbroker...?Item=141809742

#6 bretmoua

bretmoua

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

Wow, that looks weird. How would I add my scope on top of that? Adding a scope on my 30-06 rifle seems more difficult than my .22 rifle.

#7 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:16 AM

Those four screws match up and attach to the holes in the receiver of your rifle. Then you need to get a set of rings that fit that base. The rings attach to the base then the scope is secured in the rings. If you have never done this before it is actually pretty simple. Just make sure you have a 1" scope tube on your scope and you get 1" rings.If you do not already have the rings look at this set. This would be all the items needed plus mounting instructions.http://www.gunbroker...?Item=141853297

#8 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:21 AM

This is different than putting a scope on most 22 rifles.

#9 bretmoua

bretmoua

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:24 AM

Thanks a lot. I will see what I can do. I'm signing up for the site so I can bid or, if I chose, I can buy it now.

#10 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:29 AM

Just enter 740 or 742 base in the search location on the GunBroker site and you will hit on other similar items.Good luck

#11 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

Just go to a local sporting goods store and buy a mount and rings. I put a Leupold one-piece mount on mine in 1996 and a Leupold scope in 1970 and have never had to adjust it since. Rock solid. You will pay alittle more than a weaver type mount but it is money well spent. Cabelas and other mail order places will have them also(graff/midway etc). If you use a 40mm ob lens scope such as a 3X9X40 Leupold you can use the low rings and it will provide you all you could ask for as far as use and fit.

#12 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

For 8.00 buy that base bret that is cheap redfield is a good brand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users