• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:22 AM

Found a pic of one online... This is what goes on your stock that it connects too... Posted ImageAnd with a bipod attached. Posted ImageI like it, quick way of attaching a bipod and taking it off, and its pretty steady once its on there....

#32 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:21 AM

Theres a little knuckle type thing that attaches on your front stud, the buy pod has a quick connect/disconnect type thing that attatches it to that... It also include a stud off of that for your sling if you only have 1 stud in the for-end of your stock..

That's what I was afraid of...I want one that is not attached to the rifle...so i can drop it and run if the bison charges me. (I have a back-up hunter behind ready to fire if this occurs) The search for a collapsible, lightweight, very portable standing/sitting bipod continues. I have a Harris bipod but where i'm going i need to be standing when I fire because of the vegetation.

#33 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:22 AM

All you do is pull down and the bipod comes right off. Sort of like a socket on a extension...

#34 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

BIG FAVOR ALERT: Can you post a close-up of this gizmo so we can see exactly how it attaches?

#35 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

I think there is a close up on the post at the top of the page.There is. All you have to do is pull it off or push it on. Its really simple and takes all of 1 sec to attach and 1 second to remove...

#36 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

What I'd really like is a model that is:Adjustable for prone, sitting, kneeling & standingDoesn't require much effort (is fast and easy) to adjust Folds up and into belt pouchIs lightweightThe SP looks nice but you gotta buy four of em (one for a specific shooting position) and since I will be using most or all of these positions during my hunts...don't wanna carry 4 sets of sticks. Can you simply pop out some of the leg sections for kneeling, sitting and/or prone positions?

#37 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:54 AM

This is gonna I think be the closest thing to what your looking for... They are like tent poles that snap together, so you can not attach as much as you want (each leg has 3 pieces). And then to fine tun the height between ranges you can spread the legs further apart (wow, that sounds bad) or closer together. Now putting it in a belt??? That might now happen, I think the shortest you are gonna get when its all folded up is around 10"-12".... Midway- Stoney Point Folding Sticks

#38 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:58 AM

After much deliberation I ordered the Stoney Point Safari Stix II Magnum. I think the thicker legs are better for my 45-70 Govt and the bungie-connected legs are collapsible for easy hauling and pop together quickly. They were the only stix that scored all 5s from reviewers. I suppose i can leave my Harris bipod on the 22-250 and carry this as well to cover all the bases of calling. Using this bipod alone I am set for my buffalo trip. Thanks guys.

#39 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:32 PM

Good luck with yer new sticks! I still use my Furpods.. Thanks Varmint Al !

#40 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:54 PM

Gottem today, pretty cool the way they strap onto your belt. Very lightweight and snap together in under 5 seconds. We'll see how they do in the field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users