#1 outdoorsman

outdoorsman

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:23 PM

DMV ............. "Red stickers "are issued to 2003 year model and newer OHVs that are not certified to California OHV emission standards. If your OHV has a "3" or "C" in the eighth position of the vehicle identification number (VIN) then your vehicle will be issued a red sticker. Red stickers are issued to OHVs that can use California OHV riding areas for seasonal use only. 2004 YAMAHA WARRIOR 350OK my vin has a "4" in the 8th position, why can't I get a green sticker?

#2 ForesthillHunter

ForesthillHunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Everything Outdoors, camping, fishing, hunting, riding my quad, 4 wheeling! I just love it!

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

Is it 2 stroke?!

#3 outdoorsman

outdoorsman

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

Nope. 4 stroke. Thinking the dmv entered the vin wrong, making the 8th digit a "3". Have to check the paperwork to the frame tomorrow. Can't come up with anything else.

#4 ForesthillHunter

ForesthillHunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Everything Outdoors, camping, fishing, hunting, riding my quad, 4 wheeling! I just love it!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

Yeah I would. All 4 strokes I believe are green sticker. I'ld double check.

#5 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:57 PM

Yeah I would. All 4 strokes I believe are green sticker. I'ld double check.

Not all 4 strokes are green sticker legal. I've had Yamaha YZ450F and WR450F 4 stroke dirt bikes that you couldn't get green stickered because they did not pass California's EPA requirements. Kinda stupid if you ask me since I see all kinds of Baja plates and out of state plates driving around that spew more smog than a dirt bike that I only rode on weekends and 1-4 hours a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users