Photo

Why can't you archery hunt during general season?!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 wanapasaki

wanapasaki

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, and Fishing.. Thats about it LOL

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:57 PM

That's kinda weird to me. Like us bow hunters have an advantage or something?! And crossbows, the cheapest imitation of a bow can be use?! Wow, someone should give good reason to this here if you can! :smiley-funny-post-sign:

#2 lvr

lvr

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

you live in California, reason has gone the way of our grizzlies

#3 Guest_dan223_*

Guest_dan223_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

what zone are you referring to?

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,735 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:47 PM

I think your mixed up .If its rifle season you can use any center fire rifle, black powder atleast 50 cal,hand gun (center fire), cross bow or just a bow and you also can carry a back up gun. Hand gun ect. Forgot shotguns ,slugs and #00 and #000 buck. Some hunts for shotgun only you can have buck shot but no slugs.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 steve

steve

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (bow/rifle), Fishing, Camping, Skiing, not in any real order. depends on the time of year and the weather.

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

That's kinda weird to me. Like us bow hunters have an advantage or something?! And crossbows, the cheapest imitation of a bow can be use?! Wow, someone should give good reason to this here if you can! :smiley-funny-post-sign:

Who say's you can't? Deer season is deer season bow or gun are legal (there are some exceptions to every rule specific special zones etc..) I can hunt in D-6 with a gun or bow right now.

#6 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:09 PM

+1 what Thumper said.

#7 Guest_dan223_*

Guest_dan223_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:13 PM

That is why I asked what zone he was referring to. I have heard that there are some X-zones that are excluded from using a archery only tag in and wondered if this is what he is asking about? The reason he asks for would be that these X zones are so hard to draw for that they cannot allow anyone with an ao tag to hunt them or we would all get an AO tag and head up there for a trophy buck........... Otherwise this post makes no sense to me either.

#8 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:27 PM

To my understanding, you can not use an AO tag in any of the special draw zones and if I remember the regulations define which areas those are.

#9 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,735 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:34 PM

Forgot about a AO tag.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#10 wanapasaki

wanapasaki

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, and Fishing.. Thats about it LOL

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:48 PM

I am hunting D9 but my uncle and my dad were saying that archery wasn't allowed during the upcoming opener. It kind of confused me too. i don't know where they got their info. Anyways thanks ya'll

#11 bretmoua

bretmoua

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:18 AM

Who say's you can't? Deer season is deer season bow or gun are legal (there are some exceptions to every rule specific special zones etc..) I can hunt in D-6 with a gun or bow right now.

Yep, that's right. As a matter of fact, last year, I used my AO tag to hunt in D8, while I used my rifle to hunt in D7 (my general tag zone).

#12 sertshark

sertshark

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

Yeah, ditto on the Archery Only tag. That's what I thought you were referring to.

#13 BowhunterGonzo

BowhunterGonzo

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hunting is all new to me but it has over come fishing. with my bow i can do it all. but now that i got my air rifle, that i will only use for birds, (my arrows ruined to much meat.) i can now embark on a new found interest. HUNTING and the outdoors. besides that i just play videos games and hang out with friends. Spend time at the local watering holes.

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

Yeah here in cali you can hunt with bow during gen but you got zones designated for you only! However if you're dumb enough or just have brass balls you can hunt in the rifle zones! They however can never hunt in our archery zones (legally) hope that helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users