8 replies to this topic

#1 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:01 PM

Did anybody see the review in F&S of the new Savage 12 LRP 223? It got high marks in the accuracy department, most 5-shot groups under 1/2" and some much better. Looks like it can shoot right out of the box, now if they'd only drop the price a little from $900 MSRP. :lol:

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,330 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

I've already shot one and it's an awesome gun. I'd almost consider buying one except I have too many new guns now. We put my Nightforce 8-32x56 NXS scope on it and it was a hoot to shoot. Those guns are like laser sticks, point and shoot. :lol:Posted Image

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:55 PM

Too many new guns? :lol: Well send them my way. :o I need more new guns. :o I do not have enough old guns :lol:
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#4 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:59 AM

I actually considered getting the rifle, until I saw the price tag! Yikes!Nice rifle though....

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,330 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:14 AM

Joel it is a GREAT rifle even at that price. I can swear to the fact that after as few as 15 shots it spit out one hole groups with several different loads I have for different guns in the same caliber. It is a bit heavy at 12 pounds without and over 14 pounds with the scope we mounted on it. It has a very large one inch at the muzzle barrel. The three mounting screws that lock the action to the H-S Precision Varmint Stock with a molded in alloy bedding system is amazing to say the least. It is a single shot but it is right hand bolt with left port for easy loading. Oh and it comes with the Accutrigger as all Savage guns do now of course. You would pay much more to get a gun built to this standard and with it's ability to shoot. Believe me I'm finding out how much custom built guns are costing today with inflation where it is. :lol: And yes Steve those are the guns I have too many of at least at the moment. :o

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:57 AM

$900 is a great deal for what your getting. Just my wallet can't take the hit right now :lol: My priority is for a walking rifle, VQ 17HMR, 20g shotgun first :o

#7 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:00 AM

Joel,, have you looked at the Predator Masters classified section lately?

#8 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:43 AM

Heath,Haven't really looked in the classifieds. I have ideas of what I want and buying new only cost a few bucks more it seems... But I'm open to any deals if I see them :lol:- Ruger KM77CRBBZ Stainless Steel Compact Rifle -22316 1/2" barrel - under 6 pounds (no scope)- VQ 17HMR with Snake Barrel- Semi / Pump 20 gauge Shotgun (under $350)They seem to be tough to find in classifieds.... Not much of a Ruger following, no one wants to get rid of their VQ's and not many shooters having/selling 20 gauge shotguns.

#9 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:48 AM

There was an aluminum frame VQ on PM for about 700 bucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users