33 replies to this topic

#31 Leonten

Leonten

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Really crazy!!!! I had a .410 barrel for my Contender in my hand, ready to buy, but settled on a short (coach) .410 double barrel instead. When I heard about the 10 cartridge maximum law going into effect, I bought a S&W just to get that 15 round magazine. Um, can someone give me the definition of an assault rifle? Around here any semi automatic rifle is called an assault rifle. Also I need the definition of an "elephant gun."

#32 Leonten

Leonten

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

One other thought, does the 20 pound maximum include a mixture of cartridges and cans of powder?

#33 sxshooter

sxshooter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:sxs smallbore shotguns .410 in particular, bird dogs, aviation, BBQ, grilling, photography, red wines, craft beers

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Old thread, but still... I read the Pyrodex MSDS. There's no charcoal, no potassium perchlorate, no sulphur, etc. in it. Further, the MSDS warns that Pyrodex generates its own oxygen when burned. The stuff doesn't seem to meet the definition of "black powder". I'm guessing it's a smokeless based powder with some moderators. They don't disclose the contents but show the normal content of black powder and show 0% of those constituents.

#34 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Remember that the people who make these laws learned everything they needed to know about gunpowder watching Saturday morning cartoons where some cartoon character makes a trail of powder to a large stack of wooden powder kegs with a few red rockets thrown in for good measure and some other fireworks. The cartoon character then lights the trail and a huge explosion happens. That's all the politicians in this state know about gun powder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users