8 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:49 AM

I put a plug in the bottom of my G22 so dirt wouldn't get in there while pounding the field but now my magazines stick and are difficult to remove. Is there an aftermarket 10 rd magazine that won't stick or some other fix I'm not considering that would resolve this problem?

#2 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:03 AM

Take the plug out. Otherwise use some sandpaper on the back of the magazine. The plug, because of the friction fit pushes wall into the mag well that causes rubbing. I have the same issue on my 23. It's not so bad that it bothers me and nothing a sharp shake when hitting the mag release doesn't solve to make the magazine drop free.

#3 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:48 AM

Try using armoral or a silicon on the mags.

#4 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:40 AM

Get rid of that plug. The void there is actually for draining purposes when the Glock is used in a marine environment. So that way when you shower with your Glock it will function properly when wet....

#5 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:52 PM

Why are you watching me shower? :smiley_green_with_envy:

#6 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

The design is intentional. Glock has a slight cutout in the front-strap and a cutout in the rear of the mag well. The hole that you plugged is intended for your thumb.These cutout are designed for the user to forcefully remove the magazine if and when the need arises.If too much dust accumulates, a normal cleaning is in order.

#7 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:17 AM

Sometimes I wonder.#24 - WHY IS THERE A HOLE AT THE BASE OF THE BACKSTRAP / GRIP? This is the hole through which a lanyard or rope is attached in order to secure the firearm to its owner? The lanyard hole in Glocks originated as part of a combat or military requirement. This requirement was dropped with the introduction of the subcompacts (Glock 26/27s have no lanyard hole).Lanyards were originally used to prevent U.S. Cavalry officers from losing their sidearms (revolvers), while mounted on their chargers (horses). The lanyard would attach securely from the sidearm to the officer's epaulets or saddle.Some SWAT team officers run a bungie cord though the lanyard hole in their autopistols and attach it to their tac vest. Until recently, the U.S. Army was requiring MPs to use lanyards on their M1911A1s.Some shooters used a lanyard (a length of bootlace tied through the hole in the frame and around their belt, with the slack tucked into my waistband) while engaged in hunting or hiking and other strenuous movement or exercises.From GlockWorld.

#8 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

Some special forces still use the lanyard hole also.

#9 BigMatt

BigMatt

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Tight groups, long shots, sight and stalk, reloading, homebrewing beer, building stuff, my GTO, beer, law, good friends, beer and good times.

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:15 PM

Sorry to hear about the problem, my glocks have been 100 percent reliable. The only problem I have ever had is when the spring in the magazine gets old/used for thousands of rounds it does not feed consistantly-New mag and good to go again. The plug is just for beauty anyway, a little dirt won't hurt the glocks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users