32 replies to this topic

#31 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:22 AM

Those $75 bails are not hay - they are excelsior (fine threads of wood they used to use as packing material before foam peanuts - remember "A Christmas Story"). My archery club uses these bails compressed using a modified hydraulic wood splitter to compress the bail super tight. They last years and hold up over heavy use.If you want a nice backyard target that is inexpensive and will last, build a 4x4 foot frame using pressure treated 2x12's. Cut an access hole in the top and staple chicken wire over both 4x4 open faces, then tack outdoor carpet over that. The chicken wire prevents the target face from bulging. Lots of different stuffing materials have been used with equal success. Stuff the interior of the target with loose rags or old clothes picked up from the Goodwill reject pile, or plastic bags from the grocery store recycling bin, or if there is a wetsuit manufacturer near you, scrap cuttings of neoprene, or the old plastic shrink wrap from shipping pallets. All have been proven through thousands of arrows to hold up and not damage arrows or have passthroughs.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#32 littlejoe

littlejoe

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

BALESuse Alfalfa not from the feed store it is $$It's what i do

Attached Files

#33 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:59 PM

BALES

Thank you. :smiley_green_with_envy:
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users