• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:20 PM

This morning we got Soccer out of the way early and I thought I would give the Bacon Explosion recipe a try. Below is the first step. Recipe called for 2lbs of bacon. I created a 7X7 bacon weave. It was not as difficult as I thought it would be. Then sprinkled some pork rub on the bacon.Posted ImageThe next step was creating the sausage patty. The recipe called for 2 lbs of sausage, I used Jimmy Dean Maple flavored. The recipe had you make the patty right on the bacon then peel it off I found that one of my other cutting board would create the proper size patty, so I used that as the surface to roll out the sausage into a patty on. Posted ImageThe next step was to fry up the remainder of the bacon. The recipe called for 2 lbs. of bacon total. The package I bought was three pounds so I fried up the remainder of the three lbs and then cut it up and sprinkled it over the sausage. Forgot to take a picture of it , but I sprinkled a little BBQ sauce over the cooked bacon. Sorry about not getting a picture. Posted ImageThis is the sausage and cooked bacon that I rolled into the log.Posted ImageThe next step called for rolling the bacon weave over the sausage roll.Posted ImageThe last step was completing the wrap and sprinkling with pork rub. Posted ImageGot the smoker going a little before three and put roll into the smoker at 220 DegreesPosted ImageCooked it for just under three hours at 220 degreesPosted ImageFired up the gas grill to see if I could get the exterior bacon a little more crisp. The gas grill did the job Posted ImageLook at t he nice pinwheel effect. Posted ImageServed up ready to eat. Oh yeah added some melon to he dinner. I think that will keep my arteries from clogging. Kids plate and adult plates Posted ImagePosted Image Already planning the next one. Going to use Italian Sausage next go around and my wife wants me to do one with a pork loin inside. Robert
Rocklin,Ca

#2 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

Oh god...I can feel my heart slowing down just thinking about that. Does that come with a side of country gravy to put a little substance in it? Lol. Maybe a portable defibulator would be a better side dish... :fireworks3: I can't believe people would eat that...Just kidding, I think it looks delicous. I'll see about getting the bride to whip one up.Chorizo on one maybe?
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#3 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

Oh god...I can feel my heart slowing down just thinking about that.

You raise cows, not pigs...right? :fireworks3: :fireworks3:

#4 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:48 PM

Chorizo on one maybe?

Humm you got me thinking now, That might have to be my next one Robert
Rocklin,Ca

#5 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:49 PM

That looks really good, now I have to try it. See what you done!
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#6 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

looks delicious, but I can feel my left ventricle slamming shut!!

#7 wanapasaki

wanapasaki

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, and Fishing.. Thats about it LOL

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:23 AM

:fireworks3: An angioplasty with every bite lol

#8 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

That looks great! I need to cure some more bacon and fill it up with some venison sausage! Great idea :1106:

#9 whatjeffhunts

whatjeffhunts

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

Oh Baby that looks good!

Vegetables aren't food, vegetables are what food eats

#10 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:25 PM

Think I'll try that bacon wrap on some ground bison mixed with scotch bonnet & banana peppers.

#11 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

Uhhhhhhh....hey BC....what time is dinner? :)
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#12 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:23 PM

You could make some bison pastrami with the belly meat!

#13 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:41 PM

Great suggestion! Thanks!!! I will do that. Gonna have plenty of steaks, ribs, ground beef, brats & jerky for the holidays!

#14 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:53 PM

WoW....showed my spouse this and she said "looks great but I wont be able to restart your heart after you eat that" :signlol2iu:
KILLEM ALL, LET GOD SORTEM OUT!!!

#15 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

I told her at some point im gonna try and make it, it looks fantastic!!!!!!
KILLEM ALL, LET GOD SORTEM OUT!!!

#16 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

Man that looks good. I hope your not on a diet. :roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]: Put some striper in that. That weve will make a pork loin great.
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#17 Gunorea

Gunorea

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

That's is sick! (In a good way.)

#18 Big Ty

Big Ty

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, dirtbike riding, horses, sports in general, the outdoors, etc...

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

That sounds fantastic!!! I've always wanted to make that and smoke it over hickory and mesquite. A little wine in the water pan on my wood smoker would just top it off. Good Stuff!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users