• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:14 PM

What do you guys use or recommend for a good rifle mounted bi-pod? I'd like something long enough that I can use while sitting.Any advice would be appreciated.It'll be attached to a heavy barrel Ruger VT in .204

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:21 PM

Harris

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,674 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:24 PM

Harris Bipod Model HB25C-SHB25C-S - Extends 13 1/2" to 27" Three Piece Standard Legs, "S" Series (Swivels)If you want a bipod it's hard to beat a Harris. The swivel is the only way to go. This bipod makes sitting and shooting about as comfortable as it gets. I still prefer shooting sticks but I have one of these and it is the best. :lol:

#4 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:30 PM

I'd go with the Harris as well, if you are not on the move alot. I prefer shooting sticks if I am moving any amount because I can extend them to standing position during the move. This provides some additional support for the old folks while standing. :lol: db

#5 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:50 PM

Thanks for the information guys. Looks like I'll be dropping by the Harris website.Thanks again.

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:51 PM

There are always some on E-Bay; they are a pretty popular item.

#7 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:54 PM

Switch, if you're absolutely wanting an attached bi-pod, then ditto Shooter John and the others. For mule deer hunting that too is what I use...However, for coyote hunting, you may want to look at a mono or bi-pod shooting stix... I personally like the mono pod best... Anyway, the shooting stix are quicker, quieter and easier to change positions for the shot... And they are plenty steady. Just another thought is all... Good Luck Frankp.s. Mine is made by Stoney Point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users