13 replies to this topic

#1 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:22 PM

Well this is what i came up with for this time of year when the stands are long like 30 min. or so. I have used it all day to day and it is really comfortable there are some draw backs my shooting sticks are a little short and it's a little awkward to Carrie. would rather be uncomfortable walking to a stand then when i am at the stand. http://s222.photobuc...nt=DSC00526.jpg

#2 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

I have these:http://www.basspro.c...__SearchResultshttp://www.cabelas.c...rset=ISO-8859-1I prefer the second one as it has a back on it.Though usually it seems like I just end up out there with nothing leaning up against a tree. :)
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#3 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

wannakill, the first one you showed is what I got. It's great

#4 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

Nice work on the chair.I prefer something that lets me stay up and off the ground a bit.http://shop.sportsma...b.aspx?a=286203I've used one of these dove hunting chairs for predator hunting for years. They let you sit comfortably, weigh about half a pound, come with a carry strap and give you a little more elevation to see critters coming in. They are great for shotgun stands.

#5 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

lif2fsh, I am guessing the paint will not stay on that chair long. Looks good though.
Hunt with your kids not for them.

#6 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:48 AM

Nice work on the chair.I prefer something that lets me stay up and off the ground a bit.http://shop.sportsma...b.aspx?a=286203I've used one of these dove hunting chairs for predator hunting for years. They let you sit comfortably, weigh about half a pound, come with a carry strap and give you a little more elevation to see critters coming in. They are great for shotgun stands.

I have one of those as well. I typically take all three in the jeep with me. That way I can grab the one that fits the terrain best. I PREFER something with a back on it though. KILLS my back to sit for too long without some back support.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#7 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

I took the Gobbler out once...heavy PITA thing to haul around. You guys really drag chairs along? Often?

#8 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

I use that turkey chairfrom cabelas all of the time. It is worth draggig along, I'd rather be comfortable on stand and be able to sit still longer.

#9 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

Kinda depends. Sometimes we take a pillow. :good: We usually park at one side of a hill, walk over, setup then walk back, drive to the next stand. I'm not sure I would carry one if I was hiking the whole day.

#10 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:38 AM

I usually just sit on the ground...but I bring along a foam pad to sit on. Much more comfortable than sitting on a rock or anthill for 10 minutes. A lot of time too I use a dove stool like Switch showed...they work great as well. I've tried the turkey type chairs before but didn't really care for them...they are too low. In places they will work, the foam pad works as well and is much easier to carry.
ProStaff - ProStaff - Field Staff - I'm very important!

#11 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:57 AM

I'm in the process of seeing if La Z Boy will make a recliner in Shadow Grass camo. lol
George Soros says we have the best Congress and Administration money can buy.

#12 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:03 PM

Moe, Don't laugh my aunt & uncle's friend has all camo recliners and couches in their Florida cabin!!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#13 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

Can they carry them out on stand?
George Soros says we have the best Congress and Administration money can buy.

#14 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

Don't be silly, they have motors so you don't have to carry them. Hence the name, LAZY- boy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users