#1 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:48 PM

Hey I'm thinking of hitting Sportsmens ware house in Reno before Ravendale this week. If I buy some additionel camo's. They would smell new wouldn't they need to be washed in some kind of scent removel detergent? Are is that a bunch of hype?

#2 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:31 PM

You could stop at the local laundry mat after Sportsmans. I like the new Open Country camo, it's darker than the old stuff. I have an older shirt that looks almost bleach white in the sun, but the new stuff is much better.

#3 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:14 PM

Land owner says his property is loaded with coyotes. Others have said Rock Chucks are in the area. But yes the wife said there is enough squirrels for a shooter to shoot at all day. So what department does this "Ken" work in? Is he behind the Gun Counter? They sure have great prices on reloading componets.Hey this is the desert so no doubt I should prepare for rattle snakes right? I can't think of the name of the things your supose to wear.I'll know them when I see them. Dang sure hope I don't run into some "Crank Lab" out in the sticks. When I went pig hunting in January they said that has been a problem for local Sheriffs........................Stiff neck I will check out what you suggested Thanks.

#4 NVWalt

NVWalt

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fly fishing, kitebugging, photography, astronomy, hot springing, looking at as many beautiful women as possible.

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:54 AM

Larry, Ken is in the gun dept. He's the tall lean fella. You only need to wash that camo to make it duller and wearable. When it comes to cover scents you can not fool a coyotes nose. You will only smell like a human thats bathed in whatever scent you care to wear. I wouldn't worry about rattlesnakes or meth labs out there in the brush. The snakes are out but odds of stumbling onto one are pretty slim and the meth labs all seem to be in the little towns as all the places out of the towns are ranchers and they have been known to be on the redneck side of life....Walt

#5 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 05:15 AM

Thanks NV WALT I'll say hello to Ken Steve. NV Walt please see my next question in Predator hunting catagory.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,592 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:56 AM

If you want Meth Labs we like to keep those in quantity in California. The Sacramento and San Joaquin Valleys are your best hunting spots for those. :P :)

#7 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:29 AM

Spray some scent stopper on them.

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,592 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:33 AM

You don't need any fancy camo. Good old Bermuda shorts and a Hawaiian shirt will do just fine. You just have to sit still and not be silhouetted. Hey, you have to do that with camo too. :P Hey Walt I think we're on to something here. :lol: After all look at the camo Bill D. wears. :P

#9 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:07 PM

There is an out fit in Oklahoma that sells some thing called "Forget the wind" The owner hunts yotes all the time he also confirms what you(Shooter John) says. He says "their is alot of "Hype" in the predator industry. But for me I think its part of the fun,love being out in the sticks armed to the gills.I'm going to be out there with way too many guns and bullets. But so what I'm on a little vacation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users