#1 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

Getting ready for deer season last weekend I sighted in six guns at my house. A 300 win mag, 30-06 and my 270. The 300 an 06 belonged to my friends. I just bought a new slug gun and they decided to get one for themselves. So I had three brand new H&R Ultra Slug Hunters to sight in as well. The slug gun I shot last year was an 80 yard gun tops. I knew there was something better out there and went in search of it. These H&R Ultra Slug Hunters are what I decided on. Not because of price but because of design. So far I am super happy with them. I got all three shooting great at 150 yards with Hornady 300 grain SST's and am thinking they will go to 200 no problem with the accuracy I am seeing at 150. I quit shooting because my shoulder was sore. These things make that 300 mag feel like a 243. They kick like a mean mule and are not for any one that is recoil shy. But if you have been looking for an accurate slug gun that won't break the bank, I think I have found it. I will stretch them out to 200 this weekend if the wind does not blow hard. Anyways here is a picture of my new toy. Posted Image

#2 wanapasaki

wanapasaki

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, and Fishing.. Thats about it LOL

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:22 PM

she's a beaut! How much did she run you?

#3 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

$340 out the door and $199 for the scope. By the way all of these guns and scopes were ordered from Kittles in Colusa. They knocked off $50 on every scope. This is a great little sporting goods store especially for duck hunters. They will have all of your Duck Hunting needs. They also keep quite a bit of different ammo in stock. It is an hour drive for me so I call before I go but they usually will have what I need. Have ordered several things there and got them with in a week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users