• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hookum

Hookum

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:I hunt biggame, upland, waterfowl and now varmits.
    Love the shooting sports. Rifle,pistol and shotgun. I fish both freshwater and salt.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:44 PM

A week and a half ago I sent my Leupold Windriver bino/rangefinders back to the factory for a repair. It kept eating batteries and was only good for the binos. My wife gave them to me as a gift four years age and they were the only binoculars I ever carried on a regular basis in the field. Light, compact and I used the rangefinder all the time. I wasn't expecting much since I forgot to register them when I first received them. Today in the mail I got a package from Leupold with a brand new pair of their Digital Rangefinding Binoculars with compass and True Ballistic Rangefinding. No questions, no charge. Now thats great customer service if you ask me. Plenty of time to figure out all the new features before the rifle opener. A NICE SUPPRISE FROM LEUPOLD.
Take no guff, cut no slack, hookum, bookum and don't look back.

#2 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

leupold has always been great with me .!!

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,479 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

Leupold has a good track record it seems.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

DANG I need to get hubby to hurry up and send his in.. It eat batteries like the minute you put new ones in... WOnder if they will give him a new set up to?
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#5 Hookum

Hookum

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:I hunt biggame, upland, waterfowl and now varmits.
    Love the shooting sports. Rifle,pistol and shotgun. I fish both freshwater and salt.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

Mine did the same thing. According to the tech people it was a bad circut module. Sounds terminal to me.
Take no guff, cut no slack, hookum, bookum and don't look back.

#6 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:03 PM

LOvely.. He loves the dang thing too.. Never goes anywhere without it. Its been in the shop once before for same thing a couple of years ago.. Now here we go again. He leaves for Utah in about 10 days so he will take it as it is and use the other rangefinders there but for Colorado he will want them fixed..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#7 Skyshadow

Skyshadow

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:26 PM

I went with a Leupold scope exactly because of all the stories out there just like this one.Just goes to show that consistently great customer service is still worth something these days. Heck, probably worth more these days with the internet making it so easy to find stories about how a given company treats its customers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users