• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,021 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 13 June 2006 - 02:54 PM

Same here John, but VQ won't submit any of their receivers or whole pistols for the CA drop test.... :o

I know and that really stinks. :rolleyes: Oh well, I just have to use one of my 10 other .22 pistols until they do. ;) In the mean time I may have to satisfy my need for a new gun by purchasing this VQ.https://www.volquart...tItems.jsp?id=6It the only version with a full stainless steel receiver. Plus since I prefer left hand shooting it doesn't have a funky hi-rise right handed stock that i can't shot from. :D

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#32 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:51 PM

I'm converting one of my 10/22's because first and foremost I don't care for the .22LR anymore. 22LR is borderline effective past 50 yards, they aren't the most accurate and they ricochet terribly.So now you ask why not just the .17HMR. Well, I think it's overkill for some of the shooting I do, it's louder than it need be and the cost is more. Now you say louder? :o Well, it is and more noise translates into more squirrels and other animals hiding due to the BANG. Besides, since I won't be shooting .22LR's anymore I have a gun I won't be using and the .17M2 will be a great replacement I'm able to shoot for less money than the HMR. :rolleyes: :o

Points well taken ;) Before I got my 17HMR I thought about turning my 10/22 to an HM2.But my 10/22 is so nice I can't defile it. I can see converting a 10/22 if you longer want to shoot 22'sBut I still can't see buying a dedicated HM2.Joel, Very nice :D
Failure is not an OptionLincoln,Ca.

#33 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:19 AM

Thanks Sterling...Thread hijack.Here is a pic of my VQ 22lr that I use for Metallic Silhouette shooting competitions. Posted ImageI'd like to get another exactly like it in 17HMR. I need to keep up with that Capitol guy in the killing fields :lol:Thread hijack over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users