8 replies to this topic

#1 tommybuilt

tommybuilt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:45 AM

Well as archery season ended in alot of zones yesterday how'd everybody do? I personaly didn't fire an arrow, but still had a great time. I learned alot about how good a deer's nose is. I'm looking forward to cooler weather and the general season and will continue to bow hunt then. I'll probably spend the next few weeks improving my ground blind, checking the trail camera and shooting. Looking for the deer to get more active as the weather cools and the rut approaches.

#2 hunter55

hunter55

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Racing open wheel sprintcars and hunting

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:19 AM

I hunted d-5 and seen some forks but nothing i wanted to shoot. hopefully general season is better. going to the b-zone to start the general season havnt been up there in 12 years since i went with my dad.

#3 bretmoua

bretmoua

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:33 AM

I didn't fire a single arrow as well. I saw lots of deer, just nothing legal to shoot at. That was probably my fault though. I decided to hunt low instead of higher elevation. Oh well....I hope I'll run into a nice one during the general season. Good luck to everyone.

#4 wanapasaki

wanapasaki

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, and Fishing.. Thats about it LOL

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:19 AM

Shot a 4 x 4 and a 2 x 2

#5 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:22 PM

Lumber or deer Got pics tell us the story. :oops: :1087:
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#6 steve

steve

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (bow/rifle), Fishing, Camping, Skiing, not in any real order. depends on the time of year and the weather.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:23 PM

Hunted D-6. Saw lot's of Bucks, only 1 close enough to shoot (about 30yds) tried to take a short cut to a good location outside of a meadowand there was a nice 2X2 staring at me. I froze he did not see me. he lowered his head to feed so I thought "duck" well just as I ducked a doe (that I did not see) raised her head above the weeds and she saw me duck, game over. (this was up in Bourland meadows. All the rest of the buck'swhere along the Greeley Hill - Briceburg fire trails during the fires in Yosemite. Missed out on a real nice 4X4 (92yds) could not take the shot, just to far.The smoke from the fires helped with scent control. All in all over 4 day's of hunting I spotted 8 bucks, 5 does and 2 spikes. No meat in the locker.

#7 tommybuilt

tommybuilt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:13 AM

4x4-2x2 lumber or deer? nice

#8 wanapasaki

wanapasaki

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, and Fishing.. Thats about it LOL

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:17 AM

Deer lol not lumber. Yeah 4x4 was taken and then 20 minutes later we took the 2x2 on some private property up in tehachapi! Was a good bow season :)

#9 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:53 AM

I bet that fire is pushing the deer around.I didn't even get a d-6 rifle tag this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users