27 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin G

Kevin G

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:12 PM

Howdy CPC folks,I took a few shots of the Taurus on Monday.I thought I would share 'em with you.Photo # 1 . . . Hand CannonPosted ImagePhoto #2 . . . Hand Cannon Different ViewPosted ImagePhoto # 3 . . . Hand Cannon . . . Uhhhhh . . . In My Hand . . . :o Posted ImagePhoto # 4 . . . Yet Another Hand Cannon . . . In My Hand.Posted ImageI am pleased that it finally worked out for me! I will try and remember to take the camera with me to the range next time to take a photo or two of the targets that I shot.Fun Toy (now . . . ) :o Kevin G.

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:42 AM

I really like the looks of that! Have a holster for it?

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:18 AM

You should get a person with tiny hands to hold it so it looks bigger! :)

#4 Kevin G

Kevin G

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:58 PM

Smallblock . . . I will be getting an Uncle Mike's (or is it Uncle Bud's) chest holster for it. I believe the holster is cross-back strapped with the holster across your chest.Posted ImageShooter . . . Heh . . . interesting observation . . . you have a point there. I should have had wife-o hold it, though she thinks it is tooOOoo dang heavy. It's OK . . .I am shooting it, not her. :) Kevin G.

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:28 PM

Better make sure you''ve eaten your Wheaties before you start packing that thing!

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:00 PM

Wjhat cal is that thing ? I know its posted some place. nice set up.

#7 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:09 PM

I think its a 44 mag.

#8 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:45 PM

Very nice Kevin :rolleyes: Is your scope getting any blast from the porting ?

#9 Kevin G

Kevin G

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:31 PM

Howdy guys . . .Smallblock . . . Yep . . . it is some what heavy. It weighs in at 53 ounces, sans scope, scope mount and rings. Also sans ammo. I have some 320 grain loads I have not shot yet! :lol: The scope mount is aluminum and the rings are Nickel plated steel. Heh . . . I like Wheaties! After all the smoke and dust settles . . . it is still lighter than my scoped .30-06! :blink: Thumper/Smallblock . . . Yup . . . it is a 44 mag. It is a Taurus Raging Bull: 444SS6. (6.5 inch ported barrel). I actually took receipt of the 8 3/8 inch version, but had to return it as it wasn't on 'The List'. :lol: Raging Bull <------ Click on the link to go to the Taurus site for this model.Mr. Mister . . . Yup . . . kinda big anyway. A tick under 6'4" @ 235. As a side note . . . you saw Steven several years ago on the Wild Wave. Steven is now "officially" taller than me. (scary huh? :( )Hylander . . . I actually moved the scope forward on the mounts after I had the mount machined. I do get some port-blast on the bottom of the scope from the blast. It does clean up with # 9 or Shooters Choice. I made sure the objective lens was well ahead of the blast. The balance is better with this mounting position and the clearance to cock the hammer is better. The sight picture is the same. The scope is a Bushnell Elite 3200 in 2 x 6 x 32. The rings are Burris Zee rings. I hate the rings . . .After all the troubles and trials I have gone through, I am happy with what I ended up.Kevin

#10 Bill T

Bill T

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Guns, Shooting, and Reloading

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:04 PM

Posted ImageThese are my 2 Magnum Research BFR Revolvers in .45-70 and .500 S&W Magnum. Both are good accurate shooters, and a heck of a lot of FUN! Those are Lyman 552 Grain Gas Check bullets loaded in the .45-70. Bill T.

#11 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:37 AM

Those are beautiful looking "Home Security Weapons." I'll bet they are a handful to shoot, but lots of fun.

#12 Bill T

Bill T

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Guns, Shooting, and Reloading

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:13 AM

Thanks. The .45-70 is actually quite mild compared to the .500 S&W with factory 405 Grain Jacketed loads. While the .45-70 is a larger, more intimidating looking cartridge, the .500 S&W Magnum operates at a much higher pressure. That said, when the .45-70 is loaded to full compacity with heavy bullets, it can give some good performance, with recoil to match. Bill T.

#13 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:36 PM

Lets resurrect this thread:Here's two of my hand cannon:Desert Eagle 44 Mag. I will be ordering 50AE barrel for itPosted ImagePosted ImageMy 35 Remington TC ContenderPosted Image

#14 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:31 PM

here is a pic of my " hand cannon " L.A.R Grizzly in .45 win mag .

Attached Files

#15 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:29 PM

:signgreatreport3kg:

#16 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:36 PM

They all look Nice!DF how do you like that DE I passed as they said no lead bullets as it would clog the gas port

#17 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:47 PM

I like it a lot. Your info is correct on the no lead for these pistol. It's a handful to shoot but manageable. I will be ordering the 50AE barrel for it. A friend has one, and the recoil is a lot more than the 44, but still manageable.

#18 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:13 AM

Out of the IHMSA organization came the "Super Mag" cartridges which received the official designation of 357 Maximum, 375 Maximum and 445 Maximum.

Attached File  357max.jpg   66.25KB   106 downloadsComparison pictures of 357 Mag & 357 Maximum

The Maximum cartridges had a common case length of 1.6".

Attached File  bullets.jpg   62.65KB   108 downloadsBullets that were available for the 357 Max and cartridges Attached File  dwrevolver.jpg   72.16KB   104 downloadsMy Dan Wesson 357 Max, spare barrel 8" and cartridgesRuger, Dan Wesson and Freedom Arms made revolvers for the Maximum cartridges. Attached File  ramtgt.jpg   59.62KB   100 downloadsImagine this target as 31" at the shoulder and cut from 3/8" T1 steel. It would be standing 200 meters away. One shot per target, knock it down to score a point. Ricochets count. There were also chickens at 50 mtrs, pigs at 100 mtrs & turkeys at 150 mtrs. That was the sport that inspired the Maximum cartridges.

#19 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

Wow, that thing is crazy...Makes the 357 look like a 38spl.

#20 atavuss

atavuss

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:52 AM

I have a Ruger Alaskan in .454 Casull. truly a handful to fire..........speaking of fire, well......just watch the video:Big Boom, Big Flash!

#21 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:53 AM

:D

#22 tinhunter

tinhunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, camping, riding my atv. most things that involve the outdoors.

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:35 PM

Here's my encore in .243 winAttached File  encore_pistol_.243_win__Large_.JPG   87.53KB   88 downloads

#23 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

Nice T/C Matt. Good seeing you on here again I thought you disappeared.

#24 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:42 PM

That is a might fine looking Encore!!

#25 tinhunter

tinhunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, camping, riding my atv. most things that involve the outdoors.

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:15 PM

I haven't been posting on any forum for awhile now. My son is a little older now and I have a little more free time to get back into reading and posting.

#26 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:47 AM

Have you guys seen the 720gr bullet for the 500...I think that is a 44mag on the left...Its called the train stopper...Its says, Will stop anything on 4 legs... and some things on 4 wheels..They are getting up to 1800 fps..

Attached Files

#27 Robairto

Robairto

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:06 PM

My passion has been the SW 29's and 629's:: This is one of my favorite 44 mags.:Posted Image

#28 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:27 PM

i like that 629 mine is 6.5 inch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users