#1 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:33 PM

Have been lurking around off and on but haven't posted in quite some time. Too much hunting and fishing to do around here. :smiley-outta-here: Anyway I bought a Remmington R25 earlier this year in 243 and love it but hate the trigger. There is just way too much creep for me. Maybe I'm just spoiled by my Savage Accutriggers. Is there any way to fix the stock trigger or I'm open to recommendations on which trigger to replace it with. I want the lightest possible trigger pull with minimal take up or creep.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,016 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

All I can tell you is there are lots of trigger groups to replace yours.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

Does the R-25 use the same trigger group as an AR-15 (I'm guessing it is an AR-10 platform and I've never built one)?? If so, I would recommend:1. Timney 3lb or 4lb Pretty much the nicest trigger out there for AR's. You should be able to pick one up for around $2002. RRA 2-stage National Match trigger. Not as nice as the Timney, but still pretty dang good. They can be found for around $100.I have a 2-stage on primary AR and I really like it. I have shot a bunch of AR's with Timneys and they are SWEET, but for my shooting I couldn't justify the extra $100. I need a couple more triggers for my AR's and I will be getting the 2-stage for them.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#4 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

I put a timney in my AR and have nothing bad to say about it.

#5 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:18 PM

MojaveJ, I installed a Timney 3lb single stage trigger on both my R15 and R25 (.308) rifles and find them both to snap like glass. Timney triggers, I believe are the best triggers you can put on an AR-15 based platform. There might be better ones out there but not for the price of the Timney's. Get yourself one if you want the tightest groups possible.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#6 Flying Bones

Flying Bones

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Purdy much evraythang.

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:31 PM

A less expensive alternative is a Bill Springfield trigger. You pull your trigger out (real easy, I could walk you through it if you needed it) and send it to him. He works his magic for about $35 and sends it back to you...it's usually less than a week turnaround. You'll eliminate most of the creep and bring the pulling #'s down. If you don't want to spend the $150-$250, but you want to get great results, this is the way to go. www.triggerwork.net
Lord, protect me from my friends. I can handle my enemies.

#7 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

Thanks to everyone that replied. I had a custom builder look at it and he wanted $300 to replace the trigger group with a 2 stage match trigger which is in a friends ar that he just built for him (all I can say is sweeeeeet) but I can't give up that kind of money right now being laid off. I might go with Flying Bones option for now. Once again thank you to everyone that responded.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#8 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:04 AM

Not sure what the "custom builder" is doing......but, you can buy and replace your own 2-stage match trigger for $100. It's not that hard, there are step by step directions at ar15.com.Looks like he is charging $200 for labor.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#9 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

Where can order a 3lb 2 stage Timney this cheap for my new R25? Gotta link? Model #? Can't find one on the Timney website...no email or phone # on it either. Stupid!!!

#10 Hutch

Hutch

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

Hey Bruce, Google timney triggers.... go to best sellers..... click on AR10. Once you have model #, cut and paste to google, hit search, then hit the shopping tab. If that doesnt help, try Midway USA or Brownells.

#11 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:30 PM

call parralax tactical in San Diego. Joe will give you a good deal.

#12 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:15 AM

Thanks Aaron! :good:Apparently Timney doesn't make a 2 stage for ARs.

#13 P.McKenna

P.McKenna

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Camping, 4WD's, Fighting to Support the 2A

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

Geissele TriggersGeissele's 2 stage DMR Trigger is the Bees Knees & Geissele makes some of the best Triggers you can get your hands on for the AR Platform. Prices vary depending on the source you are buying it from. If you decided to give em a try, you won't be disappointed.

#14 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:20 PM

What Fakawee said X 2
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#15 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:26 PM

I've heard there are gunsmiths that can work their magic on triggers for $45.-$60. Somebody mention their names, please.

#16 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:32 PM

Gunsmiths can work the trigger over yes and you can buy a timney I have a few timneys and a couple my friend worked over and I like them both.i also like the ability to take the timney out and put it in another ar when i decide to use that 1 for a while.

#17 a79flhrider

a79flhrider

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

You could remove the stock trigger group and gently and carefully 'polish' not grind the obvious worn shiny surfaces of the hammer and trigger. Keep the same angle as you see it.I did that with my AR's and my new R-25 in .308 and it takes out the creep but there is still a little bit of travel. You can't get rid of that unless you replace the whole trigger group with a $100 or more set up.How do you like your R-25? I LOVE MINE!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users