11 replies to this topic

#1 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:43 AM

Cabelas has had Winchester lead free .22 cal ammo advertised on their web site for some time. I placed an order several months ago and it was back ordered. They have advised me several times that it would be available at some date. The last date was supposed to be 9-10-09. I just received notification that that it is still unavailable and my order was canceled. Oh well, so much for that.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:01 PM

Sorry to hear that Rod. Leave it to California to start a program and not have the available ammo. Oh wait that's Barnes fault. :P

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

Interesting. I was wondering if that stuff ever actually became available. As everyone knows, it was supposed to have been released in March '09 and for some reason, it has never appeared. Anyone know why?I'm starting to think nonlead Winchester .22LR is a hoax. It doesn't really exist. It's like the Bigfoot or the Lochness Monster of rimfire ammo. Or maybe it's like the concept cars that auto manufacturers spend gobs of money developing for some auto show but never sell to the public. In any event, I'm sure glad the Fish and Game Commission wasn't hoodwinked into expanding the lead ammo ban to prohibit the use of lead .22LR on resident small game based upon this unkept promise of phantom, non-existent non-lead .22LR ammo. Bravo, Commissioners.RA

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:08 PM

If .22lr ammo doesn't come out we can forget ever seeing .17HMR non lead ammo.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

Midway's had the stuff on their website for a long time with "Coming Soon" in bold letters. I'm about ready to get a 22 Magnum and get rid of my 17 HMR so I can get some non lead ammo.

#6 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:50 PM

SJ is right. Be sure and thank Barnes Bullets again.........THANKS BARNES!.........rotten @$#&*#@%#&

#7 jdogg

jdogg

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:22 AM

Just got an e-mail back from Winchester and this all they said: Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us here at Winchester Ammunition. We are always glad to hear from our many friends and customers who share in the shooting sport. Due to certain developmental issues, I do not expect this product to be out until November or December this year. Thank you again for contacting us here at Winchester Ammunition. If you should require additional information, do not hesitate to contact us. Sincerely, Winchester Technical Department

#8 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

Yeah right - don't bet on it.

#9 susp45

susp45

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:41 PM

Midway's had the stuff on their website for a long time with "Coming Soon" in bold letters. I'm about ready to get a 22 Magnum and get rid of my 17 HMR so I can get some non lead ammo.

I just did that myself, except I kept the 17 for blasting critters in lead approved areas. :two-cents:
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting

#10 John Bishop

John Bishop

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Mountain Biking, Martial Arts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

That's why I got a .22 mag to replace .17hmr. Got some CCI TNT Greens when they first came out, and today ordered some Winchester lead free at Ammo to go:http://www.ammunitio...e/22-magnum-wrf
John Bishop, Commissioner
San Bernardino County Fish & Game Commission
Member: N.R.A., C.R.P.A., W.E.G.C., Calguns Foundation Supporter

#11 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:45 AM

Yep, did that months ago. I recommend this:http://www.savage-ri...FV_Bolt_Ri.aspxhttp://www.budsgunsh...oducts_id/24152It's the bull barrel one and it's NICE!
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#12 TonyS

TonyS

Dog's driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:05 PM

I have to agree with the first poster about cabelas and ammo. I ordered blackhills .270 ammo in May. AFter several backorders it finally arrived in September. Too long of a wait for me. When I opened the box I thought there was some kind of mistake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users