• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:07 PM

Well, after messing with this idea for awhile, I finally acquired all the materials and started a new project. I produced a two-piece mold of a real coyote skull this weekend and then made a cast using off-white resin. The end product came out amazing. Now that I have the mold, I can make many replicas. The cool thing is that the resin only takes 30-minutes to cure after you pour it. The pictures make the replica look yellow, but the true color looks just like bone. Let me know what you think.Attached File  1.jpg   13.82KB   30 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   15.94KB   29 downloadsAttached File  3.jpg   12.8KB   29 downloads

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,592 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:56 AM

Looks good. That way you can have the skull out and not worry about the kids breaking it.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:17 AM

Turned out nice! Definitely get your hands on some whitetail skulls and make casts of those. Seems as though that's where the money's at for repro's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users