• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

I built a new load for my 25-06 for an upcoming trophy antelope hunt. I have been going to the range and refining it and it is dialed in tight. I am shooting well under 1 MOA at 200-yards. Last week I did the calculations for my Hawke 4 X 16-50 Sidewinder scope with an SR6 reticle and used the Hawke ballistic program to print out the reticle/ranging diagram that pastes into the inside of the rear scope cap. The reference chart matches the reticle and makes shooting distant targets a snap.Today I went out to the range to see how the ballistic ranging worked.I have to say that this scope and program work great. All I had to do was plug in the velocity and the bullet drop in inches from 100-yards to 200-yards and the program does the rest. Today I kicked butt with it on targets out to 400-yards. All I did was range the target, check my little chart and fire. Bang on every time. No muss no fuss no bother. It was really fun not having to guess and making the shot every time. This is going to make my trophy antelope hunt pretty care free. I'd hate to miss a shot and have to hear it from all my buddies back at the hunt camp.....LOL No kidding, this Hawke scope and ballistic software is sweet.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

Good luck on your hunt! Sounds like you are all set and ready :signgreatreport3kg:
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users