• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ForesthillHunter

ForesthillHunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Everything Outdoors, camping, fishing, hunting, riding my quad, 4 wheeling! I just love it!

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:35 PM

Ok, I see some of yall make your own hand calls. would some of you like to share tips of the trade on how its done. I think that is just fascinating and would like to give it a try. Thanks for any info or input! Happy hunting and shoot straight everyone. - Jeremy

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:44 AM

Howdy there......If you want to try building your own open reed call, drop me your address and I will send you a little kit to get you started. The kit contains complete instructions and the materials needed to make an open reed call. Send your address and a reminder to me at red@redhunterllc.com and I'll get that out to ya.

#3 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:49 AM

Jeremy, look on the calls and caller forum here, I just started makin my own calls and have some pics there. There is also a link to a forum that Braz posted that is really good. you can buy supplys at allpredator and all I use is a dremel and a drill(plus ad paper and polyurethane).

#4 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:35 AM

For the best information on making any kind of call, be it predator, turkey, duck, goose, squirrel, etc. go to THO Game Call forums. The folks are great and all are more than willing to share information. And take Red up on his offer. That is a great offer and really great of you Red. http://thogamecallsf...s.com/index.php

#5 ForesthillHunter

ForesthillHunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Everything Outdoors, camping, fishing, hunting, riding my quad, 4 wheeling! I just love it!

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:40 PM

Hey thanks a lot you guys are awesome! Anyone ever tell you that before? If not you've just been told. I'll post how it comes out!

#6 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:27 AM

Jeremy, if you are up to it, give me a call and come on down to my place one day and we can make some up. I have everything needed, and you could see exactly how they are done.

#7 ForesthillHunter

ForesthillHunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

Hey braz sounds good I'll let you know when I have a free day.

#8 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:48 PM

I have a kit and instructions on the way to you too. Enjoy.

#9 handgun

handgun

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Guns and Dogs

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

Hey thanks a lot you guys are awesome! Anyone ever tell you that before? If not you've just been told. I'll post how it comes out!

I concur. You guys seem to go out of your way to give sound advice and lend a hand. Thank you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users