41 replies to this topic

#31 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:48 AM

But I think it comes back to testing each choke in your own gun because I see each choke shooting a little diff in every gun.This Choke could have shot great at the factory but when you installed it its off a little in your gun.Its no diff then you shooting diff loads through your gun to find the one that you like and shoots great.

#32 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:02 AM

No argument there. Actually I envisioned a simpler approach. Get some barrels and rig them up to a high pressure line with a small tissue pouch of shot to test fire the chokes. Safe, cheap, clean and reusable. Doesn't even need to match the velosity of a regular shell, just enough pressure to determine it's shooting straight. Then again, I am not in this business and don't know :yikes[1]: about it. Might be a :yikes[1]: idea.

As was already stated to you at the beginning of this thread:The same choke placed in a different gun will more than likely produce different results.The same choke used with different ammo will more than likely produce different results.The same choke used with the same ammo that uses a different wad will likely produce different results.

#33 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:46 AM

Okay...I think I got it now. Different chokes for different strokes.

#34 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

Glad to see everything worked out.

#35 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

I believe Carlson's refers to Carlson's (Choke Tubes), not Bell & Carlson.

Oops, my mistake. I've got replacement gun stocks on the brain... :doh[1]:

#36 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:34 PM

Like dabob I own more than one Carlson choke tube and both pattern beautifully. One is for sporting clays and the other is the Dead Coyote tube. Both well worth what I paid.

#37 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

Well I will say this, Shane moves quick. The replacement choke arrived Saturday. May think twice about posting photos of the target this time. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#38 scdave

scdave

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:25 AM

No Problem right... Just make sure the yote is facing to the right when you take the shot.

#39 Guest_dan223_*

Guest_dan223_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:01 PM

Well that was an eye full of reading! I am happy that both parties found a way to work this out and respect both of them for being man enough to put it behind them so quickly. Sounds like Carson is one of the rare companies that stands behind their product at the end of the day and that means a lot. Now the pressure is on you to post some pics of a dead Yote BC969 :angry:

#40 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

WOW !!!!! I read that WHOOOOOLE thing and my head hurts . I ran a buisness for 8 years and have done customer service ( gun sales 3 years, automotive 2 years , locksmith 8years ) and there are many ways that this could have and did run . Thankfully it sounds like it was resolved , I hope . the one thing I learned in peddling / selling guns & gun accesries is that there are alot of variences in the products . Lorcins (piece o **it ) ran best on fed American eagle . If you use corrosive ammo in your match bbl and don't clean it properly , you will loose accuracy . when you buy a .22lr try MANY brands and types of bullets in it for function & accuracy . test all your mags before you defend your life with them . there are sooo many more to it . in the automotive field i was if its not factory sealed & not a rebuild , don't trust it . none of them ever did if it was not sealed . but in todays econamy , your money & satisfaction does go a bit farther than it has ever had in the past . i think in the past persons / companies would shine you off and accept the loss . nowadays they cannot afford it . let alone the word of mouth or internet , that there is nowadays . again i don't want to start anything or perpetuate this . again it has been resolved & time moves on . so does the good & the bad . Andy

#41 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,858 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

wow me too.!! for the record ,I have a drawer full of chokes that I tried to get the right one for MY gun shooting the size of shot that I like . some of them very expensive and of the highest quality. As well stated above by the scattergunners above every gun is differant. Most likley wasnt a choke problem as was a gun/ shooter problem. i actually thought it had a good pattern ,just a little off on windage. sometimes a simple barrle honing by a smith and your good to go. I would have tried a little teflon tape and rotated the choke 90 degrees and shot it to see what that did just for grins.. JMHO

#42 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:44 AM

Wasn't the shooters and there was no wind in the indoor range where the test firings took place. The replacement choke worked out fine. Case closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users