11 replies to this topic

#1 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:32 AM

Well, Fedex just left and my new Foxpro FX3 is here! Right in time for my birthday. I was surfing the net last week from my hotel room in Ohio, lamenting the cost of Foxpro's, and how much I'd like to have one for my South Dakota trip in September. On a whim I clicked "shopping" on the Google tool bar and a big list of Foxpro FX3's came up for sale - one of them for $200! Yep - some poor soul had pawned a brand new FX3, and Topdollar pawn had it up on the net - 7 day return guaranteed. I jumped right on it.So I put the batteries in - set it on the couch and hit the send button on the remote and a doe estrus bleat starts up. Not two seconds later who should come running into the livingroom to check out the call - the wife's cat! Well - the Foxpro works! A quick flip to channel 04 - Coyote Locator sent the cat running for cover! OH I wish I had the camera ready!I'm gonna like this... Maybe I'll get a chance to head out to Jacumba when I'm back in two weeks.

#2 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:47 AM

Great buy! :signbummer8tl:

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:10 PM

Great buy man that's a great deal. That most have been funny playing with the cat like that. This Halloween you should have a blast with it.I need one to.I let some people have excess to fish the river and I thought it would be funny to crank out some lion screams one of these days.

#4 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:38 PM

Newbie newbie newbie <shakes head> The cat is soooo beginner..... You must aspire to reach the golden hieghts of scaring PEOPLE :signbummer8tl: Yes Im talking your neighbors, greenies who dare to go camping with you... The Mother in Law.... your wifes sister or that daughters boyfriend you just cant stand... Hide that bugger in the bushes, set it up outside of camp on the way to the bathroom area :good: Just for kicks alone that was well worth the money LOL Get creative and let the fun begin... BTW it works great for animals too :) GRATS!!!

#5 Soreloser

Soreloser

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Anything Archery and of course my 22-250 vs. coyotes..

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

That is a super good deal on a used FX3..By the way, Bobcat in Heat under the sink while the mother in law is doing her make up is my personal favorite.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:20 PM

That's for sure! I use mine on my neighbors guests every party they have. It's great when they're leaving and have had a few drinks. :signbummer8tl:

#7 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

Man, some of you guys & gal beat me to it... and too funny too! Baja, congrats on your excellent steal... I mean purchase! Uh, btw, can I go with you to S. Dakota? I've been agonizing for the last couple yrs or so about going there or Wyoming. Wyoming is closer of course.Anyway, good luck on all your (foxpro) hunts and keep us posted.Frank

#8 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:30 PM

Now thats some good hunting, and a steal at that! Hell you could sell it and make double what you bought it for...nice going!

#9 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:18 PM

I thought I got a good deal on mine for $350. Good going!

#10 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

Okay, I'm a noob with an FX5 and want more fun FoxPro entertainment ideas! Let's hear em! This is so funny.

#11 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:40 PM

Ohhhhhh It is soooo fun... Late at night sitting in camp when everyone is telling hunting stories.. hit that remote on the mountain lion scream... :) Best time to do it is when someone heads off into the dark to take a pee :) Yes It will make grown men scream like a little girl :)

#12 Soreloser

Soreloser

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Anything Archery and of course my 22-250 vs. coyotes..

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:40 PM

Halloween is my favorite with the calls. Just put it in a bush somewhere in the front yard and play kitten distress really low. It draws Mom's and small children like a magnet. Have one of your presets on Mt. Lion or Bobcat screams at max volume and punch it as they investigate the kittens.. Pig in distress works just as well.Then record the screams and use them for your haunted house next year....I'm lucky enough to have 5 callers at my disposal so the fun gets turned up a notch..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users