• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:37 PM

I know it's still a few months away but I'm already itchin' to get back out into the duck blind. Today I got a wild hair and decided to give my bad weather gun some TLC. I originaly stripped it down just to give the bolt and magazine tube a coat of dry grafite but when I went to spray the parts I found that my aerosol can had leaked out all of the propellant. ;) I figured that scince my gun was already torn down I might as well give 'er another coat of paint. This time I left out the green in an attempt to simulate the Max-4 camo pattern that I buy most of my duck hunting clothes in. Posted Image Posted ImageI think it came out ok but next year I'll try to find some tan and brown that matches a little better.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:27 PM

That's sexy... I should snap a pic of the camo job I did on my new .308, came out lookin' just as purdy. ;)
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:10 AM

Clamp, great looking job on the shotgun. The tan & brown idea also sounds good.uh, just not sure why you'd wanta use a good "coyote" gun on duck soup though? :signbummer8tl: couldn't help myself again.Anyway, Great Job :good: Frank

#4 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:24 AM

NICE WORK! Kinda reminds me of "Tiger" jungle camo. Did you use the "Broom Method"?
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#5 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:26 AM

Nice paint job. Looks a lot better than mine. During duck season mine is all black with a little mud here and there. :signbummer8tl: If you want to test out a shotgun the duck blind is the best way. Most will have to come apart and be cleaned a few time's to make it through the season functioning properly.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:18 PM

NICE WORK! Kinda reminds me of "Tiger" jungle camo. Did you use the "Broom Method"?

Yep, the broom method is easy and works pretty good.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#7 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:33 PM

Broom method??

#8 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

:crazy:

#9 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:49 AM

Broom method??

Alot of us use small bundles brisltes from a straw broom as stencils for our camo jobs.

#10 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:50 PM

Great Job!!Here is my first attempt. The stock and foregrip are from an aftermarket kit. The finish is by DuraCoat.http://www.duracoat-...m-finishes.com/Attached File  1.jpg   16.67KB   20 downloads

#11 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

Does that stuff have to be baked in an oven to cure?

#12 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:18 PM

looks great...BUT, did the guy wearing the hip weighters (sp) disappear into the carpet???? LOL...
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#13 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:56 AM

No, it does not. But you do need an airbrush. They have two kinds for sale. I had trouble with a bad valve on the "premier" model, but the cheapie worked just great for my friend. Both use areosol cans.They say you can put it in the oven for a few minutes, but letting it dry in the sun is the same thing. I need to go back and put on a few more coats, so I am going to buy a real airbrush kit. (my son needs one for taxidermy anyways).I only got enough on for a covering coat. I want a few more coats. Then I have one more 870 and a 700 .270 to do next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users