• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:37 PM

I know it's still a few months away but I'm already itchin' to get back out into the duck blind. Today I got a wild hair and decided to give my bad weather gun some TLC. I originaly stripped it down just to give the bolt and magazine tube a coat of dry grafite but when I went to spray the parts I found that my aerosol can had leaked out all of the propellant. ;) I figured that scince my gun was already torn down I might as well give 'er another coat of paint. This time I left out the green in an attempt to simulate the Max-4 camo pattern that I buy most of my duck hunting clothes in. Posted Image Posted ImageI think it came out ok but next year I'll try to find some tan and brown that matches a little better.

#2 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:27 PM

That's sexy... I should snap a pic of the camo job I did on my new .308, came out lookin' just as purdy. ;)

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:10 AM

Clamp, great looking job on the shotgun. The tan & brown idea also sounds good.uh, just not sure why you'd wanta use a good "coyote" gun on duck soup though? :signbummer8tl: couldn't help myself again.Anyway, Great Job :good: Frank

#4 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:24 AM

NICE WORK! Kinda reminds me of "Tiger" jungle camo. Did you use the "Broom Method"?

#5 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:26 AM

Nice paint job. Looks a lot better than mine. During duck season mine is all black with a little mud here and there. :signbummer8tl: If you want to test out a shotgun the duck blind is the best way. Most will have to come apart and be cleaned a few time's to make it through the season functioning properly.

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:18 PM

NICE WORK! Kinda reminds me of "Tiger" jungle camo. Did you use the "Broom Method"?

Yep, the broom method is easy and works pretty good.

#7 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:33 PM

Broom method??

#8 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

:crazy:

#9 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:49 AM

Broom method??

Alot of us use small bundles brisltes from a straw broom as stencils for our camo jobs.

#10 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:50 PM

Great Job!!Here is my first attempt. The stock and foregrip are from an aftermarket kit. The finish is by DuraCoat.http://www.duracoat-...m-finishes.com/Attached File  1.jpg   16.67KB   20 downloads

#11 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

Does that stuff have to be baked in an oven to cure?

#12 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:18 PM

looks great...BUT, did the guy wearing the hip weighters (sp) disappear into the carpet???? LOL...

#13 timmy

timmy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, spending time with family

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:56 AM

No, it does not. But you do need an airbrush. They have two kinds for sale. I had trouble with a bad valve on the "premier" model, but the cheapie worked just great for my friend. Both use areosol cans.They say you can put it in the oven for a few minutes, but letting it dry in the sun is the same thing. I need to go back and put on a few more coats, so I am going to buy a real airbrush kit. (my son needs one for taxidermy anyways).I only got enough on for a covering coat. I want a few more coats. Then I have one more 870 and a 700 .270 to do next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users