7 replies to this topic

#1 GnarlyDude

GnarlyDude

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

i want a 12 gauge pump action... can decide btween the mossberg 500, remington 870, or browning bps. any advice? im just guna be using it for upland birds and rabbits

#2 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:51 PM

Rem 870 hands down, IMHO stay away from Mossberg.. too bulkyGo test out the feel for each one before you decide. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#3 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

Go to a range and try em all, make sure the one you BUY fits you properly and shoulders comfortably. The obvious choice will then be uhh, obvious.

#4 susp45

susp45

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:11 PM

The 870 is the best choice for reliability and simplicity. The only advantage the bps has is for left handed shooters, because it ejects out the bottom.
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting

#5 tonyd

tonyd

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:40 AM

i want a 12 gauge pump action... can decide btween the mossberg 500, remington 870, or browning bps. any advice? im just guna be using it for upland birds and rabbits

I love my Mossberg 500, have the synthetic stock, weight is around 6 pounds, I also have the attached 5 round rack, its a quick way to change loads with out looking thru your pockets.TonyD

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

They're all good guns. The mossberg will be the lightest of the bunch due to its aluminum reciever. The BPS is a great gun but if you have short arms or if you grip the forearm a bit further back than most folks (like I do) your forward hand can cover the ejection port when the gun is trying to kick out an empty. The 870 is a great gun but remington has pumped out quite a few of the express models that had bad chambers which caused the empty shell to stick in the chamber. That problem has probably been fixed by now. Scince you're willing to pay the price of a BPS then skip past the remington Express and check out a Wingmaster, they're alot prettier.
Sharps, the rifle that made the west safe for Winchester!

Real tractors have two cylinders and hand clutches.

My rifle is mine, it isn't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like.

#7 pumapatrick

pumapatrick

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:52 PM

870 Remington, tons of aftermarket stuff...you can make it into any gun you want for what ever hunt you want. tactical to turkey.....fun to shoot out to about 70 yards...hurts to shoot compared to my 1100....you only live once!

#8 Racink6

Racink6

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

I seriously take a look at the Remington 887 nitro mag. Thats gonna be my next pump gun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users