• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:32 AM

Had some venison some steaks in the freezer that I pulled the other day. A friend of mine from Illinois told me a new way to make venison, so I figured Id give it a try last night. May sound a little weird, but they turned out amazing!About 4 hours before you are ready to cook them, throw them in a bowl and poor a coke on them, let them sit like that till you ready to cook, then pull them out, dip them in egg, flour them (I used flour, pepper, steak seasoning) and fry them up. Hot and fast is the best way to cook them, brown the flour and flip, brown the other side and serve, I like mine med rare in the middle. The taste is amazing, the meat is very tender and moist. Id recommend giving it a shot!

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,726 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:08 AM

Sounds good. Now I need to get a deer this year so I can give your idea a try. :smiley-outta-here:
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 bretmoua

bretmoua

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:40 AM

I was expecting to see a picture of a bambi....since it was in your title LOL. Anyhow, does that only work for bambi meat or for a grown buck as well LOL. I will be sure to give that recipe a try if I'm successful in fulfilling my tag this year.

#4 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

Im gonna need to get a deer as well, all I have in the freezer is one steak and about 3lbs of ground venison left...The other way he recommended is to do all the same things but instead of flour to smash Captain Crunch cereal really small and use that. He said it sounds weird but tastes great...

#5 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

Ive heard using coke on any meat that is kind of tough will make it tender.. Something in the coke breaks it down.. As for the rest of the recipe.. That is one of my favorites... add in some white country pepper gravy and OMG it is scrumpious..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#6 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:19 AM

Great idea - I've got one left in the freezer - I'll give it a try!

#7 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:42 PM

Sounds good. Now I need to get a deer this year so I can give your idea a try. :roflmao3[1]:

I know this guy that makes hand calls. He may be able to make you a "Fawn Bleat" or a "Buck Grunt" type call. You should look him up and give it a try. He just made a beautiful call for my daughter and the sound is great! Here is his info............ :roflmao3[1]: CALLS BY BRAZOK this sounded like a good idea when it popped in my head but this business card with your e-mail address I am not sure if this is one you want me to post so I wont now. If it is OK I will edit my post and it will again be rip roaringly funny......
Hunt with your kids not for them.

#8 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

Something in the coke breaks it down...........Carbonic acid will break down the meat and make it more tender.
Hunt with your kids not for them.

#9 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:53 PM

That sounds yummy. I'm gonna try that for sure.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#10 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

I will give the coke a try. That is how I cook a lot of it any ways. Just never tried the coke before. I also trim all of sinew off before cooking. I never over cook it. I think that is one of the biggest mistakes people make with deer meat. It gets tuff if you over cook it. I like mine medium rare to rare.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:05 AM

Then you can dump the used coke into the toilet and use it to clean it with. :good: http://www.wikihow.c...oilet-With-Coke

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#12 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:10 AM

Then you can dump the used coke into the toilet and use it to clean it with. :good: http://www.wikihow.c...oilet-With-Coke

EWWWWWWWW Thanks SJ....
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

Any time I'm full of great ideas. :good:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#14 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,649 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:00 AM

Coke works great on any red meat. Pepsie works also any cola will work.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#15 StoneTower

StoneTower

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Pulling the trigger and setting the hook!!!

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:11 PM

Coke is used in Carnitas also...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnitas

#16 norcalkiller

norcalkiller

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:46 PM

dang, tried it today with last years round steak, it was amazingly tender and flaverfull. thanks for the tip, im gonna try it on duck!
AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL!

#17 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

Hey Bambi is too tuff to kill . I tried for years. Just got his brothers.Attached File  3253477292_f27ec51b45.jpg   23.22KB   54 downloads
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#18 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

Ground pineapple and ground Kiwi will tenderize meat if you let the meat soak in the fruit mash over night! Plus you get some flavor too. Teriyaki with fresh ground pineapple is great as a marinade!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users