• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CRITTRGITTR

CRITTRGITTR

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, upland, deer, and last but not least predator hunting. Bass fishin, trout fishin, even a little fly fishin once in a while. Anything outdoors. I also do taxidermy has been a hobby of mine since i was 12 years old

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:42 AM

Through the grapevine, my dad heard from someone that heard that Modesto Reservoir has a 3D target range open to the public. So he asked me and I don't have that answer for him. Can anybody confirm this statement? For some reason I think I may have heard of it as well but cannot remember. Bryan

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

I did a quick Google search and came up with this:http://www.co.stanis...KS/archery.shtmI'm pretty sure it's the place you're talking about.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 tinhunter

tinhunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, camping, riding my atv. most things that involve the outdoors.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

The Yahi Bowmen archery club run the range out there. The range is open to the public anytime, but you do have to pay to enter the reservoir. I haven't shot the 3D shoots, but they are held on Saturday mornings from what I have heard. The course is fairly open terrain with small hills. It has been a couple of years since I have shot the range down there, but Yahi had cleaned it up pretty good. They put in bow racks, bathrooms, and maintain the target bales. Last time I was down there it was all open, no shade, so bring water when it is hot. I checked the CBH/SAA calendar and they show the 3D shoots there on Saturdays at 8 AM. Here is a link to the calendar: calendar

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,688 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:32 AM

Yahi bowmen . Saturday till noon on the 3D tell the gate keepers your going to shoot at the range and you will only pay to shoot 5.00 for members and 10.00 for others. lots of targets at all defrerant angles and distaces. They have reg targets set up all year long. 10 feet to 80 yards.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 CRITTRGITTR

CRITTRGITTR

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, upland, deer, and last but not least predator hunting. Bass fishin, trout fishin, even a little fly fishin once in a while. Anything outdoors. I also do taxidermy has been a hobby of mine since i was 12 years old

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:21 AM

Sounds like a pretty fun place. Thanks for the info guys. I'll have to round up my Dad and take him up and check it out. I am starting to get a little collection of 3D's at my place. Friends and close family pitch in and we buy targets to shoot it's a lot of fun. We have never done any competition stuff, as we have just recently started gettin in to the archery game. But it's a great challenge and somethin I think we will really get in to. Thanks again Bryan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users