12 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

Specifically looking for archery hunting supplies. Would prefer a place I can drive to from OC.

#2 fndaway66

fndaway66

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

Hi-Tech Archery in Fullerton or Orange County Archery shop

#3 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

I bought almost everything from OC Archery but they don't carry much hunting stuff beyond bows and arrows. How about this place? They seem to have a decent line of hunting supplies. http://www.fsdiscountarchery.com/

#4 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:37 AM

I've ordered arrow building supplies from fs discount before and had no problems. My other go-to mail order outlet is ioarchery.com - I buy all my arrow shafts there. Locally I frequent Performance Archery in San Diego. They are very cost competitive with the mail order houses and are geared almost exclusively to hunting. They also have a nice indoor range to try bows out or attend indoor leagues.

#5 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:50 AM

I like Oc Archery, they are great techs(Bernie is great)! But Riverside Archery is run by bow hunters and they know their stuff. I hear the place in San Diego is very nice, but I have never been there. There is nothing but surf board shops down by us, so we have to drive. :signtripledogdare2wf:

#6 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:06 AM

Agreed...he helped me improve my shooting alot with 20 minutes of private instruction. They tricked my equipment out and now 70lb CB is nearly silent!

#7 bckcntry bwhntr

bckcntry bwhntr

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:36 PM

Specifically looking for archery hunting supplies. Would prefer a place I can drive to from OC.

Willow Creek Archery in Escondido is my go to place. John is very helpful and knows his ****. Very nice guy and great service. Prices are reasonable and once you meet him you won't mind paying an extra buck or 2.

#8 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:26 PM

willow creek is owned by Jim, not John but none the less he and all of his employees are competent bow hunters and techs.

#9 archerjohn

archerjohn

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I BOW HUNT AND I ALSO HUNT WITH A 17 & 243 FOR PREDATORS ,PIG AND DEER

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

hi-tech is also owned by hunters always helpful. oc archery not as helpful. tryed to order a bow through them one time. they told me buy one they had in there shop our go elsewhere that they dont do orders so i did never been back.

#10 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

some shops are not able to order from some manufacturers because another shop may have a contract with the manufacturer in the area.

#11 Bruce O

Bruce O

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:HUNTING and enjoying all of GODs great outdoors!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

As far as pro shops go...riverside archery is hard to beat go see wally, dona, or travis and they will get you taken care of.......and i probly shouldnt tell you about this but.........archerytalk.com is the best thing for ANTHING that has to do with archery......i could tell you things ive boughen off there and the prices ive boughen them for and you would probly call me a lier!!!

#12 SCTrojanHunter

SCTrojanHunter

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Archery, guns, boating and just about anything else that involves the outdoors.<br /><br />FIGHT ON TROJANS!!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:28 PM

How about Bass Pro Shop in Rancho Cucamunga? Straight up the 15 freeway.

#13 Elderberry

Elderberry

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

What about in the Bay Area? Need a Long Bow 58" length and about 32 to 35 lb draw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users