• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

Here she is all finished and ready to go home :rolleyes: Attached File  Specdoe2.jpg   32.57KB   60 downloadsAttached File  DSCF4065.JPG   31.29KB   62 downloads
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#2 packhorse9

packhorse9

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:pigs, turkey,varmints, 4 wheeling, motorcycles, classic cars. target shooting,

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

have to say you do some of the best work I've ever seen

#3 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

Rae, that looks great! Rebecca is excited and so am I. You really do great work. Now I am going to have to hunt my butt off in Wyoming and California to get a big ol Buck for you to do. I really, really wish I had sent you my 3X3 California Buck from last year. I have the antlers attached to the skull but it sure would look better in a shoulder mount on my wall.I know I told you Rae but this is for everyone else. I got an e-mail yesterday from Rae saying the Doe was "just about finished" and another e-mail from Elizabeth at the California Deer Association telling me that a photo of Rebecca and her Deer was posted on the California Deer Association website.It is all coming together! Thanks again to Rae at "Royal Oaks Taxidermy". When Quality counts!
Hunt with your kids not for them.

#4 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:16 PM

Very nice. Great job Rae.

#5 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

Now wouldn't this look nice next to Rebecca's Doe after CH worked some of her magic on it?This is what my inexperienced self did with it.

Attached Files

#6 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

Thanks guys :) And thank you SumRifle IM glad you and your daughter like it..That 3x3 can still be mounted you know :) I buy capes just for that reason LOL... If you really want it mounted we can discuss it sometime.. OHHH yes that would look great next to the doe.. Maybe head low with it tilted towards the doe..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#7 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

Would you paint or stain it where I got the bleach a little high on the antlers? I was mad at myself for that smooth move. Depending on how Wyoming works and (fat chance) California I am hoping to be bringing you something. But I think the 3X3 would look great.

#8 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

Yes I could fix the color.. Depends on the antlers condition as to wether Id use a stain or a paint.. Either way it could be fixed...

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,497 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

Very nice work Rae. I'm sure Rebecca will treasure that mount forever.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#10 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

Dang Rae, you just keep outdoing yourself. Very, very nice work. And a big hand has to go to Rebecca for bagging that nice doe!
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#11 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

Ya she did a great job!! It was a pretty doe too! And they got it shipped to me in great shape too! Wish all my clients shipped as well as they did.

#12 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:03 AM

Well the Doe is on the wall and she looks great. It has been almost a week and I apologize for the delay but just wanted to say, "Thank you again". I hope to see more of you in the years to come.There are Taxidermists that do nice work in my town and I will undoubtedly use them sometimes, but I have found my new favorite Taxidermist.

#13 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:50 AM

IM so glad your daughter liked it and Thank you for the Gift card :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: It was also great meeting you and your daughter :roflmao3[1]:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users